Pac- 12

Viewing 9 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Looks like Non -Conf isnt going to happen. No BYU. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It would suck to miss a home game or two but otherwise I have no problem with not playing them.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Hahaha TDS season is in the s**ts. Holmoe best thing ever to happen to that program.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Prediction: BYU attempts to add Snow College and other regional JUCOs as replacement games.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I suppose that the 11 D-I independents could put a season together. D-IA: Army, BYwoo, Liberty, New Mexico State, Notre Dame, UConn, UMass; D-IAA: Presbyterian, Robert Morris, Dixie State, Tarleton State

My money’s on the Blue Hose.

HoosierUte
            Ute Fan
            @hoosierute

I don’t see ND going with this group, more likely they jump into whatever plan the ACC comes up with. 

PlainsUte
              Ute Fan
              @plainsute

Yeah, Notre Dame’s sched is pretty heavy ACC, already.  They have just one BigTen opponent, Wisconsin.  A couple of Pac-12 contests, USC and Washington.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I’m fine with this. I only wonder, how does this effect the series moving forward? Does the entire series get shifted by a season? Meaning we would play in SLC next year and Provo the next? Or do we still have to go to Provo next year and the 2020 game gets rescheduled for some future season? 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

The 2021 season schedule is pretty much already set for both teams, so I’d expect the return game to SLC to appear in a one-off fashion, during a season that has an open date — like 2030, 2031, or 2032.

At the end of the day, WE have proven that WE wear the pants in this relationship — Greg Hughes/churchislature notwithstanding.  So whatever happens, it will ultimately be favorable to Utah.

Personally, I hope the P5 leagues mandate “conference only” schedules for 2020.  Such a mandate would ensure regular uniform testing procedures to better look after the safety of our athletes, staff, and officials.  And as an added bonus, it’ll really stick it to the zoobs, and likely shutter their football program for the season.  ybU-p’s opponents can claim “force majeure”, as it’d have been a “conference” decision; not a “team” decision.  If it’s a league decision, then a team would not have had the choice to play it, thereby qualifying it a “force majeure”, so they wouldn’t be able to collect any buyout fees.  And that’ll serve them right for breaking NCAA regulations by recruiting our athletes who’d already signed their NLIs at Utah.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I know it’s a small thing, but I really dislike the idea of them getting two consecutive games from us in Provo, even with them being separated by a season.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

We could get back-to-back Home games in 2028 AND 2029!

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m sure that we will hear endless howling from down south about how the P12 abandoning the pre-season was done solely to persecute BYU and to keep Utah from what would be a certain loss to Heisman winner to-be Zack Wilson.  

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I can’t wait to hear from BYU fans about how they would have won so it’s basically a win for them.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

“You guys are scared to play us.” – every BYU-P fan everywhere

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

Bigger picture is if most conferences suspend OOC games, BYU-P is in a world of hurt. 10 of their 12 games are against teams affiliated with a conference, maybe all 12. Will their fans support 12 intersquad scrimmages?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

That was my thinking. They may not have a season, even if they want to play it.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I have been watching twitch streamers play dynasties on NCAA Football 14 to get my fix.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

BYU-P is sooo poo poo! They need a statue of Tom Holmoe somewhere for driving them into Independence..or more accurately into irrelevance. I remember going to Utah B-ball games in the early 90s and Majerus used to always schedule a preseason game with a team called Athletes in Action which was just a collection of players that traveled around playing exhibition games. To me, BYU-P is nothing more than college football’s Athletes in Action playing their schedule of irrelevant, meaningless exhibition games each year.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.