Pac12 Championship Odds

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Greetings from Vegas. I just checked the lines and Oregon is favored by 9.5 and the over/under is 66.5. I wanted to bet the Ducks down here but 9.5 seems like a lot! Tempted to go to the game, in Ute gear of course.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Ducks will cover the point spread easily. It’s not even going to be a close game. Think Oregon versus Utah in 2019 or Utah versus USC last year.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Perhaps, but I don’t like laying 10 points!

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Washington is the only ranked team in the history of the AP poll to win eight straight games by 10 points or less. They’re very similar to TCU last year in the way they’ve tempted fate all season but gotten away with it, so far. It stops in Vegas this Friday.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

I’m with Miami. Ducks need to avenge their only loss in a big way to make the playoffs. Style points are going to count.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Don’t think for a minute that Lanning is going to call off the dogs if the Ducks sprint out to a big lead. It’ll be bombs away until the final whistle.

Extra Medium
              Ute Fan
              @runningreddude

I think this one gets ugly fast for UW.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

UW and the points. Since 2018, only once has an Oregon/UW game been decided by more than 4 points. 2021 was a 10 point win for 10 win Oregon against 4 win UW.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Damn it, 2008! We were so close to getting Tony to drop $1,000 on Oregon. 😉

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Remove one 0 and you’re accurate.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

On a neutral field with no weather factor? No thanks. Hard to see a scenario where the 93rd ranked defense (Washington) does better than the 16th ranked defense (Utah) against the 2nd ranked offense (Oregon). I mean, I understand that Washington is undefeated, and I give them props for that because it takes some doing, but they’ve been winning every game in an ugly manner since early October. Not to poke fun, but is Washington really going to demonstrate something on defense that they haven’t done all year against the most complete team in the PAC?

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

$C was favored against Utah in the rematch last year ( I think it closed at -3 tho)

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Yes, but USC had defensive issues all year (which haven’t been resolved) and had other close calls besides the loss to Utah (most notably to OSU and Cal). Oregon has a top 15 offense and defense. I could be wrong, but I personally think that Oregon’s defense will shut down the Washington passing game, while the Huskies’ defense won’t be able to control the Ducks’ offense. Keep in mind that Oregon is also the only team in the entire FBS to score at least 30 points in every game this season. If Oregon scores 30+ in this game, they’ll win in my view.

NarfUte
              Ute Fan
              @narfute

I think Oregon wins, but -9.5 is a ton for a game like this

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

Possibly. But maybe this is the game where the dam breaks for Washington. If Oregon jumps out to an early double score lead, it could avalanche from there.

NorthernUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @northernute24

Unpopular take… Washington always plays to the level of their opponent, whether that opponent is Oregon or Arizona State. They find a way to beat all the teams still, this game will be decided by 7 or less, the line looks way to skewed for me, if I could place bets in Utah I’d have the Huskies to cover +9.5 with ease.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

2017, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009,2008 and on and on back to the early 90s, all blowouts and mostly for the Ducks. I’ve never seen a match-up that has so consistently been a 17+ win and more often 25+. Lanning was hired after the ’21 season. Same with DeBoer. 2020 they didn’t play. Better argument is that the last 2 with the same coaches and many of the same players have been 3 point games. However, if you actually watched that game, and the games since, it’s pretty clear the better team is OU and people putting their money where their mouth is has moved the line to 9.5.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Personally I don’t think the Utes have much of a chance.

AllInUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @allinutefan

agreed. I don’t think they’ll even show up.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

A little surprised the line is 9.5. Washington has won the last two meetings by 3 both times. This game reminds me of the 2019 CCG with Oregon. We came in to the game beat up and they were ready to take it to us.

I see the same scenario. Washington comes in a little beat up and Oregon is ready to pounce. Washington fading and Oregon peaking. Lanning will have them ready. Oregon covers!!

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

There are a lot of people on this site that see Washington winning essentially because of voodoo intangibles. The Huskies have done just enough to win during the last two months of the season. That kind of game plan usually has an expiration date. I’m predicting it’ll be on Friday. We’ll see though…

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Anything can happen on a given day. But I saw Utah battle Washington tough in Seattle, and Oregon took us to the woodshed in our own backyard. Expect Ducks to roll in this one, but Huskies seem at times destined to lift the trophy.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

These teams have gone opposite directions since they played. Washington isn’t a top 10 team right now. They beat Utah by 7. Let that sink in. We know what Utah is and its not a team that loses by 7 to a playoff team. We lost by 7, on the road, hobbling off the plane. Washington gets a reality check.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Spread dropped .5 to Oregon -9.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac12 Championship Odds