Place your bets

Viewing 11 reply threads

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

Okay final scrimmage is over. Who do you think the starter at qb will be? 

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Expecting Brewer, finding myself hoping for Rising. Will be happy with either!

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

Give me Costelli!

Jk, I’m going with the safe bet of brewer

4 5

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

Why is everyone so high on rising? In the usc game last year I wasn’t very impressed. Seemed like he struggled to throw a basic screen pass. Idk…guess I need to see him more to really get a good idea. Reminded me a Jordan Wynn a bit…hopefully without the glass shoulder.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Really hard to read much into 6 pass plays in his college debut.

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

I’ve been wondering the same thing lately. However, that was his first game with little to no offseason prep and I think we were still trying to figure out key positions still like running back and oline. My hope and guess is is that another year of learning and now actually playing with the 1s will be the difference in him improving…again, I hope that’s the case as I wasn’t really excited after his outing versus usc

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

All of what you say about Rising is true. The question I have is what is different this time? Utah is still trying to figure out key positions like running back and oline. I would add that there is less certainty at receiver this year as we knew what to expect from Thompson and Nacua.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Going with Brewer.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Last year’s competition was a no brainer…this year not so much. So many differing opinions inside and outside of the building. Truly couldn’t be closer than it is.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

just got to make a choice and stick with it knowing you got a guy behind him you can give a go if it doesnt work out. that said the guy who gets the nod has to get a fair shot. Cant yank him at halftime of game 2 if the offense sputters.

if its that close and potentially a couple loss experiment anyways you go with brewer given risings eligibility. if you go with rising and its not working at 3-2 there are reduced returns going to brewer.

crash11
          Ute Fan
          @kdunlavy

@Onlyu Did they announce the starter to the team yesterday? Also, who do you see being RB1 if you had to guess? Thanks for all your insight!

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

My guess on the RB is Pledger, Thomas, Bernard, Curry but they’ll all play situationally. I don’t believe the starting QB has been announced officially to the “team” yet but that will happen today. That said, I know the QB’s have been told so they’re aware of who the starter is. I’m sure it will come out soon.

Utesby1
          Ute Fan
          @garykennedy

I am assuming that you will give us the scoop on QB1 as soon as it is announced?

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

I hope Brewer is lights-out fantastic, and that Rising will beat him out!

2 1

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

best case scenario for sure, but so unlikely. if one of them was truly great this would be open and shut. thats just the way it is. It is, however, possible that they are both “good”

UtTroutHunter
      Ute Fan
      @uttrouthunter

Rising 

Ben
      Ute Fan
      @argentino15

Feel like the game experience of Brewer will give him the nod.

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

I thought Brewer until watching the scrimmage highlights from yesterday on social media and now I’m convinced it’s Rising.

It’s a joke, people.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

One does not simply walk into Rice Eccles to watch a scrimmage.

The all seeing K-eye-le is ever watchful.

While we’re joking, a little LOTR humor for mr. Gandalf?

gandalf
          Ute Fan
          @gandalf

One Kyle to rule them all.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I hope it’s Rising cuz that would mean he’s progressed beyond Brewer who we know what to expect.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

What you saw last year with Rising is not much of a hint because the OL has so little time together. We need everything working to stay with USC. COVID did not let us get ready for the game.

Rising will get time in the first games but I think we start with Brewer. Whitt is focused on the here and now, I think Brewer gives us the best start but Whitt will make a move anytime there is a change in the best QB to win the next game. Good for us they both appear to be good.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Rising.

juan know well
        Ute Fan
        @juanknowwell

Rising.

The longer it dragged out, the more likely it seemed to be Rising.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Brewer

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Place your bets