Possible Bowl Location for Utah?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 4

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

It’s getting worse by the week. I’m betting someone, somewhere out there is trying to stage manage Utah vs BYU in the Sun Bowl.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Our bowl game was SC

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Anybody but TSPP, please! They suck the joy out of me. Hopefully OSU beats the crap out of them so this becomes a moot point.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Is POOPOO bowl eligible?

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Need to win at OSU next week, the chances of which are slim to none.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

I don’t know, OSU has looked bad since beating OU

2 1

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

They certainly have. It looks like beating OU was their bowl game.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Beating your rival sometimes when you are not playing for the championship is all that matters.

Beating USC still makes this season a W imo. Despite my constant whining.

1 2

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

How will you feel is Utah ends up 7-6 on a four game losing streak? That USC win still enough to make the season a W?

1 4

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Yeah. I can just asterisk it for the injuries.

The coaching decisions loom large for this upcoming season. Utah made me confused this off-season.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Sun Bowl is a P12-ACC matchup.

But it’s moot since the zoobs won’t qualify for the postseason.

1 2

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Even worse…as we speak, someone is plotting to put Utah vs BYU in the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I’m hoping for a Vegas bowl SEC match up. They normally take the number 5 or so PAC 12 team but I’m not sure about this year.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

byu won’t qualify or be high enough for the bowls allotted to the PAC and Big12. If they did put them together. Since the money goes to the PAC Oregon State and Washington State. I would decline going to a bowl this year. If they were paired with byu.

1 1

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I have to wonder, now that we’re going to be entering the 12 team (and maybe more in the future) playoff system, should be s**tcan the whole bowl system? I mean, if you look at all of the other college divisions that have playoffs, there are no bowls. At that point, bowls look irrelevant and will probably lose a massive amount of interest due to the playoffs.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Considering Utah’a injuries why risk any more season ending ones for a meaningless bowl?

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

The bowls will stay because they are TV programming for ESPN during the holidays. The TV partners want the bowls, they don’t care about the attendance and the coaches want the extra practice.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

After Utah wins next week and finishes 8-4, and with 2 teams going New Years six/Playoff, and the third place team going to the Alamo Bowl the Utes will likely be the 2nd selection of the middle tier bowls. They rotate every year in selection order and can take any team within 1 win of the top record in the group which will be U of A. Utah is now considered a “traveling” fan base so it could be interesting. The Holiday bowl will not select UCLA because of the lawsuit but Arizona could be attractive to San Diego. I have said it before, the 2011 Sun Bowl trip was one of my favorite bowl experiences, maybe because of my tempered expectations.

2 3

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Not sure I want to be within a 100 miles of El Paso right about now…things have changed quite a bit since 2011. Imagine going to a location for a bowl game and the streets are full of tents with undocumented migrants.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

In 2011, it was heads on sticks from the cartel. El Paso is just the suburbs…

2 2

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

The heads on sticks was in Juarez across the border. I lived in El Paso for a couple of years and it was always interesting driving to work east on I-10 and seeing the third world from a car window.

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

So you get it. Not sure SD will be much better as it relates to the undesirables currently. I just hate Vegas so much.

1 1

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

San Diego is a bit different. There’s some separation between say the Gaslight District and the border. In El Paso, downtown is easily within walking distance of the Rio Grande.

Hellhound152
                  Ute Fan
                  @hellhound152

I dunno, driving down the Pasadena freeway the last couple of years and seeing the shanty towns of So Cal really sealed in the flavor. haha We had a good time at the Holiday Bowl not withstanding the result. I guess the easiest way to say it is I will be there, so gotta make the best of it.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Possible Bowl Location for Utah?