Preparing for USC as a Utah Fan

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 4

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

Am I the only one that feels like because USC is a train wreck currently it all but guarantees that they will beat us in the Coliseum? It seems like the Utah football curse that whenever a team is down, and especially if it is USC, they always somehow get up to play Utah. I sure hope it is just battered fan syndrome I am feeling, but count me as one that saw the OSU victory and read it as, “Great, now that’s 2 teams we have to worry about!”

3 8

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I honestly don’t care what happens against usc.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I think this is the year we get SC.

2 3

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I wish I shared your confidence. Utah would have to play much better than they showed yesterday to beat even a downtrodden USC team at home.

6 4

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I feel like because Utah is a train wreck it all but guarantees that they will beat us in the Coliseum. Let’s not forget, WSU might be the worst team in the conference and was playing with a backup QB and RB. We struggled with them for about 55 minutes of that game.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Guarentano won the job coming out of camp and was knocked out of the game against USU.  McIntosh has split carries with Borghi, was the teams leading rusher last season, and signed and contributed at Notre Dame before being dismissed from the team. Keep playing up the narrative if it keeps you going but the “back ups” label that keeps getting thrown around is not true.    

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Several factors. State of mind on the USC team at the time Who that is nicked up comes back for us? Does the Rising offense improve from game 1 to 2? Practice of remedies for blitz. State of mind for Utah. Scalley’s has something in mind for #15. Is the Utah DL more like last week or like previous weeks? Does time help the OL? The net change of several factors give us a wide range of possibilities, hopefully, one that shows up favors us. We need a good week off.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have no clue what is going to happen in the game.

I know one thing for sure: I am going to cheer on these guys the best I can. The amount of tragedy that has befallen them deserves that much at least. They have a lot of shortcomings but we are seeing them play with some fire. 

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Man, with all that’s been going on it seems like the Utes have already played a full season. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Exactly. If they all play worse than I know they can, I won’t say one negative thing about this team. They have to be in so much pain right. I’m sure there were other players at that party and possibly witnessed it or at least witnessed him pass away. That’s some trauma they’ll be dealing with the rest of their lives.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I’d be surprised if Whitt didn’t retire after this week. USC is the last thing on these kids minds right now.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Nope. The team needs leadership from their head coach right now more than ever. Whitt is also an actively religious man and I don’t think there’s a single thread of his moral fabric that would allow him to consider quitting right now. They’re a team damnit and they’ll finish this year as a team.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Preparing for USC as a Utah Fan