Preseason FPI Rankings. Utes #24. Not all gloom and doom.

Viewing 6 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Preseason FPI Rankings

RANKING TEAM CONFERENCE
      1. Clemson ACC
      2. Ohio State Big Ten
      3. Oklahoma Big 12
      4. Alabama SEC
      5. Penn State Big Ten
      6. Wisconsin Big Ten
      7. Texas Big 12
      8. Texas A&M SEC
      9. Notre Dame Independent
      10. Georgia SEC
      11. Florida SEC
      12. LSU SEC
      13. USC Pac-12
      14. Oregon Pac-12
      15. Auburn SEC
      16. Michigan Big Ten
      17. Oklahoma State Big 12
      18. North Carolina ACC
      19. Tennessee SEC
      20. Minnesota Big Ten
      21. UCF American Athletic
      22. Nebraska Big Ten
      23. Florida State ACC
      24. Utah Pac-12
      25. Virginia Tech

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Preseason FPI polls are really more a reflection of one’s schedule than one’s team.  Even their midseason polls look hinky.  

Let’s see how we do with the new QBs, RBs, DBs, DEs, and LBs during Spring camp before we start looking up cherry-picked polls.  I still have no idea who between Bentley and Rising will start under Center, and who between Brumfield and Wilmore will be taking the handoffs.  I can’t wait to see….

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Usc at 13?  Helton gonna get ya. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Prediction. Helton will be fired September 28th. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

It shouldn’t be. We have almost our entire O back. And again Love T Huntley one of my favorite Utes. But he was limited. If these QBS are what everyone says with Ludwig. I think we are in good shape. Whitt and Scalley with get the D ready to roll again.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

never heard you say Huntley was limited during the season….just a lot of Huntely knob gobblers all season long.

Don’t get me wrong, Huntely was a gamer, but there is a real reason why he won’t be drafted. And if he finds a way into the NFL it won’t be as a QB.

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

ya know pace, I don’t really think you are a troll, as many on this board believe – just someone who has ZERO clue about how to fit in

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

As much as I respect you astUTE, you’re wrong. He’s a sophisticated troll. He intentionally pushes buttons, trying to get a reaction. He does pretty much always, and it’s always a reactionary post. That’s exactly what he wants. That’s the definition of a troll.

astUTE
              Ute Fan
              @astute

You maybe right, not sure, but it’s a moot point now – I just used the ignore feature for the first time ever, on any site. No more Pace.  

I’ve never felt the need to use an ignore feature, as it is easy enough to simply not read an annoying user’s posts.  In this case, it will be an improvement to my day NOT to see that idiotic picture.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

There IS a real reason why Huntley won’t be drafted.  But that rain won’t be due to his performance.  It’ll be due to his size.  6-1 is on the shorter side for NFL QBs, and 205-lbs is on the lighter side.  Being too short OR too light makes getting drafted difficult.  But Huntley is 0-for-2 on the height/weight scale.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Drew Brees says hold my beer. 

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I think Huntley could play WR. We know he can catch. Remember that arrow shot from Covey. One of my favorite Utah plays ever.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

I didn’t think he was limited during the season until the last two games when he reverted to his old self. I don’t know if he got the yips or what but he stopped keeping his eyes down field when he scrambled, lost some accuracy, and over regressed those games.  It was a big bummer.  Prior to those games he was great.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

That was because the o line was getting blown up.

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

Tony, they are trying to dilute themselves and have for a couple of months now, just let them work the steps.  haha

AlohaUte
                Ute Fan
                @alohaute

First you mean delude. We aren’t diluting anything.

Second, you do realize we can both be right. The loss wasn’t all on Huntley at all. It was on the O-Line getting lit up and the D-Line getting dominated. Football is won in the trenches. However, Huntley when scrambling was looking down and for running lanes as opposed to keeping his eyes downfield, which he did so well the whole season until the end.

Hellhound152
                  Ute Fan
                  @hellhound152

Thanks Bran, you know I don’t want to leave the Goon Docks.

Second, it isn’t about being right or wrong, it is how different people process disappointment and/or explain outcomes. If placing it at Huntley’s feet is how some people can convince themselves it will be better next year more power to them. I happen to agree with Tony about the cause and effect and will be shocked if Rising or Bentley is a 1st team all conference performer next season, and that was what “limited” Huntley provided.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That’s fine but I’d prefer to earn it first.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Obviously the way the season ended there is doom and gloom outlook with all the players we lost. But there was a sentiment before the p12cg that some didnt see a reason we would take a step back and that was bats**t asinine. I still think we CAN put together a good team going into next year. It will and always was going to be a step back from last season. Just a question of how big

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Preseason FPI Rankings. Utes #24. Not all gloom and doom.