Projected Wins

Viewing 6 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Bill Riley thinks 10-2. I like his optimism. I’m a 9-3 guy unless our offense looks like 2019 with Huntley at the helm. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn700bill/status/1414647222143098901

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

So I’m marking down USC as a guaranteed loss, until Utah can prove to beat them at the Coliseum I see one automatic loss there. Who’s the next loss or losses?

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

I’m thinking 9-3 with losses to
        usc
        for reasons said before with not being able to get it done in LA
        Oregon
        Because I think they just have way more talent then we do
        Oregon State
        Just for our annual what the hell loss

Danilo
          Ute Fan
          @dan7

Hahaha “annual what the hell loss”. Frequently get one of those don’t we 🤣

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Everything is in place to have one AMAZING year! This has to be the deepest and most talented roster Whitt has ever had. But so many things have to come together that I could see anywhere from 8 to 11 wins…9 being most likely.

For me, the following question marks need to be answered: 1) Will our secondary ball out, allowing us to play our man press coverage; 2) Will our pass rush emerge bringing back Sack Lake City; 3) Will our O-Line dominate both in rush blocking and pass protection; and 4) Will Charlie Brewer thrive in Ludwig’s offense. If all these become Yes’s, we’re winning our 1st Conference Championship with 10 or even 11 wins. Go Utes!!

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Realistically I’m saying 10-2 losses to USC and Oregon. But my overhyped fan side says 12-0

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I’m all about 15-0. That’s because I am a fan, however, I see us at 11-1 or 10-2 with a legit chance at another conference championship game. Go Utes!!

3 2

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

8-4

vs Weber State, @ BYU, @ SDSU,  3-0 (3-0)

vs Wazzu, @ USC, vs ASU, @ OSU, vs UCLA, 2-3 (5-3)

@ Stanford, @ Arizona, vs Oregon, vs Colorado 3-1 (8-4)

Good QB, Okay WR and RB, Good TE, Okay OL

Good DL, Great LB, Okay DB. Good Special Teams (assuming our punter improves)

No units are bad, but plenty have questions.

Our front 7 on D, Scalley, Solid run game, and QB->TE on O will lead us to a good year, but lack of continuity and lack of special RB/WR ability behind another mixed bag at OL will once again limit our ability to score against aggressive & athletic defenses (UO, USC, & ASU), and lead to a random egg laying at some point (WSU, UCLA, or OSU). 

Our run D will be great, our secondary will make some plays, but they’ll give up some big plays in the pass game too, especially without a consistent pass rush. When we play aggressive, athletic offenses we’ll have trouble keeping them bottled up. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

9-10 somewhere in there. I feel like the ceiling is very high for this team. Gotta see the QB performance. Unfortunately won’t know how good they are until USC.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Projected Wins