PVD and Jace Johnson

Viewing 4 reply threads

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I’ve publicly, on this site, complained, repeatedly about these two.  I’m here now, to apologize. 

They were the players of the game this evening, and I want to congratulate them for their performance.

In the PVD case, we may have a significant weapon for the remainder of his senior year.  More importantly, in the Johnson case, I HOPE, that his progression will continue and he will be an even bigger contributor in his senior year next season.  I did not realize, until the post game comments tonight, that he had spent so much of his time injured, unable to practice with the team,  and out of condition.  I hope he is finally starting to realize his potential.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Utah is playing terrific basketball right now.

Nice run by the Utes halfway in the second half to essentially win. Utes did leave a lot of points on the floor with poor FT shooting and missed layups. Plus a few air balls.

Great D however. JJ becoming a force in the key. Nice halftime adjustments by K3 to restore the inside game.

PVD was on fire and Barefield showed up when it was critical. Battin, Allen, and Gach had good games. Gach was essential to seal the deal with FTs. Terrific 3 by the backup center.

Amazing that the team is where it is. Truly amazing.

The first half was surreal.

Tim Allen is starting over PVD. PVD has learned how to get open, over athletic long-armed players. He is a massive spark off of the bench. Three freshman are starting. Jones is not playing.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Shows you how much better we can be if we get performance from those positions.

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

I think we’ve all been frustrated with those two at some point, especially after such high expectations coming out of high school.  But this is a good reminder for all of us that unless you are Duke or Kentucky, you’re going to have to develop kids for several years sometimes before they reach their potential.

Dante Guardi
        Ute Fan
        @danteg12

I think parker was like a 2 star recruit. I dont think many people were expecting much of him

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

It would be nice if you apologized for treating people poorly before they did something to “qualify” for said apology.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) PVD and Jace Johnson