Ranking college football’s top 25 quarterbacks in 2022

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

12. Cam Rising, Utah

2021 passing: 2,493 yards, 20 TDs, 5 INTs

Rising settled in at quarterback in the back half of last season and led the Utes on a Pac-12 championship run and Rose Bowl berth. Rising is a road warrior quarterback. He was 4-1 with 10 TDs and no interceptions in five road starts last season, and he put on a show against Ohio State at the Rose Bowl with 214 passing yards, 92 rushing yards and three total TDs before leaving with a head injury. Rising has the Utes in position to make another Pac-12 run, and the opener against Florida is a huge spotlight game.

sportingnews.com article

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Nice to see Cam getting some national attention.

I have seen the following about our offense:

Cam has been rated as high as number 5 and averages in the top 15.

Our TE room has been ranked as high as number 2 behind Georgia.

Our offensive line has been ranked as high as 6th (but I doubt we are quite that good).

Our RB room is ranked consistently in the top ten.  We are good and deep.

Our WRs haven’t made any rankings that I know of.

This bodes well for our offense.  We should have a potent offense that will have the ability to mix it up and keep the opposition off-guard.  If we stay healthy I think we will average about 40 points a game.

Go Utes.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

I saw in one ranking our RB unit ranked #4, but I don’t recall which one.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I saw that too.  We have  1000 yard rusher back as well as a 600-yard rusher.  Then we have the Florida Gatorade player of the year and two other former 4-star recruits.  I think we are set at RB.  On top of that – we have a QB who can run when needed as well as Kuithe who runs well.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

But if a BigTen QB was returning after a productive outing in the Rose Bowl, capping off a conference championship season they’d be in the Top 5, witness CJ Stroud (and they didn’t even win the BigTen, they lost the big game of the year, Michigan, and it gets cited in the article as if it were a positive). Really this article is about the best passers, not complete QBs.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think ranking Rising at about ten seems fair.  He will not average 300 yards passing a game because he won’t have to with our running game.  However, I think he will have a great season if he stays healthy.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

Ummm, Stroud (and his line) and Njigba are the only reasons OSU was not blown off the field. Stroud probably has the best arm in all of CFB.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Not detracting from Stroud, I know he and the other Top5 have fantastic stats as thinking Rising not getting the leadership respect (although Stroud and Ohio State only put up 27 pts on Michigan, what happened there?).

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

Entirely different weather conditions in Ann Arbor for that game.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

I guess it was sunny and 72 degrees on Michigan’s side of the line.

D T
                Ute Fan
                @azute1

Michigan ran the ball down their throat…..Furthermore, it’s significantly more challenging to excel in passing in such weather., which was tOSU’s strength & how they battered us in Pasadena in opposite weather.

prestitute
            Ute Fan
            @prestitute

They played a great UM team that was very smart and kept the ball away from Stroud as much as possible. UM ran on them well, weather in Ann Arbor was very different, and OSU did what we did against BYU: they underrated their opponent. Stroud was AMAZING against us, and it wasn’t close to his best game. If Oregon played the same OSU team we did, they would have lost by 30. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ranking college football’s top 25 quarterbacks in 2022