Rumors online of Baylor, TTech, and TCU reaching out to the PAC this am

Viewing 5 reply threads

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

This one has me confused. I was under the impression that Baylor and TCU would be non-starters due to the research requirements (and being religious schools). Would be interesting to see if the Pac would skip the rules to gain a major foothold in Texas though. This possibility also raises the question of who would be the 4th team to make it 16? OK St, Houston, (dare I say tds, if the rules are already being broken? – yuck), Rice, UNLV, SDSU…

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It doesn’t hurt to reach out. They’ll probably be turned down. My guess is they’ll reach out to the BIG and ACC as well.
      My guess is Kansas would be the 4th option if we took those three.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

No TDS please under any circumstances. I want them to be admitted to Big12 (sans UT, OU), and then Big12 to fold even before a single game is played.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

My guess is that Kansas and Iowa St will make a play to go for the Big 10. Not sure they’ll pull it off, but they are both AAU members. The bigger concern is that with Kansas (AAU member, #21 in total revenue in 2019) in play, the BIG10 might grab them and make a play for Colorado (good history, pacifies Nebraska) which would hurt the PAC12 in a few ways.

There’s a paucity of good options to replace them, made even worse by pushing the PAC12 eastern border back to Utah and making it tougher to justify central (i.e. Texas) schools

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

BYU is absolutely a research school. My sister was a professor there and she left due to the toxicity of the professors back stabbing for research.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

This one has me confused. I was under the impression that Baylor and TCU would be non-starters due to the research requirements (and being religious schools). Would be interesting to see if the Pac would skip the rules to gain a major foothold in Texas though. This possibility also raises the question of who would be the 4th team to make it 16? OK St, Houston, (dare I say tds, if the rules are already being broken? – yuck), Rice, UNLV, SDSU…

My response…Oklahoma State is the obvious one. They have a really good football and basketball program plus they’re a Tier-1 Research University.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Rumors online of Baylor, TTech, and TCU reaching out to the PAC this am