Saban hasn’t probably thought about Utah since Jan 1 2009

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, he is talking a lot about Utah now.  He is talking us down as he promotes his team as the better team for the CFP.  He is saying that a victory over Auburn is a much better victory than Oregon.

As I have posted many times, I am not worried about the CFP.  It is fun to be in the conversation and I believe this has to help with recruiting.  However, I am not worrying about making the CFP.  If we win out, we will be in the conversation.  If we get in great, but if we don’t I will be very happy with a Rose Bowl appearance.  I am honestly only concerned about Utah winning this weekend.  Anything else, oh well.  I always like it when Alabama loses a game, but if they don’t – not a big deal to me.

Go Utes!!!

1 1

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

In addition to Georgia and Bama being above us, I could see OU jumping us if they win out.  They play a ranked Oklahoma St and a ranked Baylor to finish out the season. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Ok st won’t finish ranked. Unless they beat OU. If OU wins, Ok St. Becomes a 4 loss team unranked team.

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

Absolutely. Bama will fall behind in championship week with Utah, and Baylor/Oklahoma winning out. There has only been one time a 1-loss team in a “similar-to-Bama” situation has been left out, and that was when Oklahoma didn’t play in a CCG.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Saban didn’t actually say anything about Utah in his press conference.

Some stupid website made up the quote stir up some s**t.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

He did say in his presser that Auburn is the toughest team they have piayed all season.  Interesting since LSU already beat Auburn. He’s playing the promotion game and obviously still wants in the CFP.  Can’t blame him for that. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Maths is hard. But playing in ten Conference games including the ccg game is more difficult than eight. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Reminder that the SEC counts BYPoo as a P5 team. Which means by their standard, Utah winning out would have 11 p5 wins to Alabama’s 9.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Utah counts So Poo Poo as an “A” game. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Saban hasn’t probably thought about Utah since Jan 1 2009