SFO airport sucks

Viewing 5 reply threads

MFury
      Ute Fan
      @mfury

They just started preemptive cancelling flights to SFO because they are anticipating weather. I’m sitting in Calgary and they refused to give our plane a landing slot. I’m trying to reroute and still make it before kickoff.

Just bitching… and maybe have a couple 50 yd line tickets to dump if I cant pull off a travel miracle

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks

fortUTEnate
      Ute Fan
      @fortutenate

Not an option for you. But when possible fly into Oakland. SFO is one of them most delayed airports in America.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Trying for Portland > San Jose.

Probably worth it to take a connection and avoid SFO in the future, it timing is critical.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Sucks.  Weather at the moment is not too bad for commercial flights.  When they expect low visibility or and/or low clouds they have to run “programs” which means the FAA spreads out the planes further — longer interval between landings.  

Even the forecasts are pretty good until 02 UTC ( 6 pm PST)….

https://aviationweather.gov/taf/board?ids=KSFO&format=expanded

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

The gamble begins. Enroute to Portland. With luck will go to San Jose next. Or will be wearing all red to a Portland sports bar tonight.

This already has my BP way up, if it’s a close game not sure I’ll survive

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

God Speed, MFury

TerryBerner
            Ute Fan
            @terryberner

Really hope you make it and can enjoy a Utes victory in person. Go Utes!!!

UTUTE
              Ute Fan
              @utute

Hope you’re on the way!

MFury
                Ute Fan
                @mfury

Stuck in Portland. Maintenance issues. I will assume I am collateral damage as the universe sends its bad luck to Portland (Oregon)

With luck we land in Sam Jose around kickoff. I’ll be looking for that twitch feed while I Uber to the stadium

MFury
                  Ute Fan
                  @mfury

Made it. Wth

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

SFO is in one it’s worst landing configuration due to winds today.  Normally on a sky clear day, they can land 54 aircraft an hour.  Today only 28.  It doesn’t help but as others said, one of the most delayed airports out there other than the New York City airports.

Hope you can make it to the game!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I have hope that it will be improving soon. For all my fellow pilots out there, here’s the latest METAR for KSFO:

KSFO 061856Z 10012KT 10SM SCT039 16/11 A3000 RMK AO2 SLP159 T01560106

That’s over 800 foot ceiling and over 2 miles viz, which means ILS critical restrictions should be lifted soon? Maybe someone with an IFR rating can correct me?

</geek>

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football SFO airport sucks