Size of ‘22 class

Viewing 1 reply thread

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

With needing to adjust back to the original scholarship limits that the 1 year freeze on eligibility inflated, does anyone know how many we expect to sign for the class of ‘22?

I thought I heard Whitt in an interview say that we need to scale back this class by 10 to be in line with recruiting going forward. So whereas a typical class could include up to 25 signees, are we expecting 15 for the class of ‘22?

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I believe you’ll only see 4-5 more plus a couple portal spots. That’s it.

5 out of 7 commits are already ranked as 4 star players by at least one of the services so while this class will be small it’s gonna approach a .90 average and might be our highest combined player rating ever.

Land Barton (as expected) and maybe a kid like Hagen and we’ll get there. Even though it won’t register as high in the combined team rankings it will still be a massive haul to add to the excellent classes the past 3 years.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Love it…thanks OnlyU!! If there’s only that many spots left then we are waaaay ahead of schedule for this recruiting class and that’s awesome!

Hopefully no surprises happen with Barton and he officially commits to being a Ute. That talent our coaches are bringing in these days is unreal…Go Utes!!!

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

I thought I read somewhere that Utah has not offered Carson Tabaracci from Park City. But on some of the services he is shown to have been offered. Clearly Carson has many options. Any thoughts on what this athlete is thinking?

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

I’ve heard he’s still pretty open and is being courted by some big programs. No guarantees he sticks around but yes he does have an offer from us.

Dresden_Stormblessed
            Ute Fan
            @dresden

Just want to follow up on this. Carson has an offer from tOSU and is giving them on OV here pretty soon. Back in the day, I would’ve thrown up my hands and given up but we’ve stolen a few recruits from tOSU (Phillips and Carlton) so I haven’t given up hope just yet. Fingers crossed fellow Utes!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Size of ‘22 class