Smith may or may not be a good hire, but these guys leaving is no indication

Viewing 2 reply threads
      13 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

that he is a bad one. If any of the guys that have left were really all that great, we would not have been a bottom tier pac12 team. None of them are NBA talent. Each had major holes in their game. There is absolutely no reason why the current roster, plus whoever is willing to join us, won’t be able to finish 8th in the Pac12. 

Lets not forget, even if Smith is a below average Pac12 coach, at least he is cheaper than the last below average coach we had. It’s a win for the program even if he isn’t good.

2 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

But. Muh. Porter. Moser!!!!

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Smith may be the greatest coach in the storied history of Utah basketball. I don’t know how this will turn out, I just know that so far his recruiting has not impressed me. He has offered several decent players that have all chosen to go to other schools. He has failed to keep any of the decent players from last years team, and with 1 exception has managed only midmajor talent to transfer to Utah. Hopefully he will do better than what I’ve seen so far. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Smith may or may not be a good hire, but these guys leaving is no indication