So, any word on Jayden Daniels?

Viewing 3 reply threads

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

Only quote I saw was from the DNews and was something along the lines of “it is a different vibe, but I liked it.”

Didnt sound optimistic, but anyone have some insight? 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

That’s a strange thing to say…

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Agreed, that’s a weird comment.

Wasn’t this his second trip here? Thought I heard he did an unofficial visit with his parents earlier in the year.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not strange, at least not to me. I, as many of you, have visited numerous stadiums during my football fanatic career. The crowd experience at our place is different from other places. My guess is that he was subtly commenting on the white-ness of slc and in the crowd. Just a guess. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Just curious, how is our stadium experience different than others in general? I’ve never visited other football stadiums.

1 3

Anonymous
          Inactive

I assume you’re trolling me. In case you’re not:

The crowd is whiter, a LOT whiter. 

We are more sober. I’ve heard all the drunken Ute stories, but it’s way more prevalent elsewhere. 

Although we are more sober, we’re also crazier. People say RES st 46,000 sounds loider than some other places at 70,000+. 

Although we’re nuts about football, we’re also more genteel. I have a gutter mouth, I admit it, but I’d never say some of the things I’ve heard said elsewhere. 

We’re younger. Lot more children at RES than most other places. 

Just off the top of my head…

Grimmetal
          Ute Fan
          @grimmetal

The only other place I’ve been is Stanford. Such a nerdy vibe there but affluent, older, and outside of the student section, still pretty white. It didn’t feel like they took football too seriously, but I also heard it was during their Fall Break as well, so the stadium was half full.

We’ve definitely got a more blue-collar crowd, I think. Of course, I’m in the MUSS and figure all the old rich money is on the other side of the field.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

I was genuinely curious, not trolling. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Igloo and Grim.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, any word on Jayden Daniels?