PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Yep.  That’s what I like to see!

GO UTES!!!

GibUtes
      Ute Fan
      @gibutes

The video mentioned they will be lighting the cauldron. Didn’t think that they would do that

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Don’t know they will run it much.  Does USC run theirs in the 4th quarter?  Even if they turned it on for 15 minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter, I would think that would be awsome, especially at night.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

USC lights their flame at the start of the 4th quarter.    Some Ute fans have in the past said if would nice if we could do that and there was some sort of response that implied we lacked “permission” from the IOC to do that (I’m not sure what the difference really is).  Could of course just be a cost/budget issue too.  I really have no idea.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

I’ve heard it requires “permission” as well but can’t find anything that actually confirms this. And it makes me wonder if this is just a made up excuse for why we don’t light it up. USC boasts, as they should, about how the lighting of the torch is one of their traditions that makes all of their home games the best experience. The fact that we are really the only other school in the country that has a similar opportunity (I don’t even know if Washington University of St. Louis has a football team but I don’t think they do) it seems stupid to me that we don’t leverage this and come up with our own super cool tradition for lighting the cauldron at every home game. 
            https://reignoftroy.com/2015/07/28/25-best-usc-football-traditions/8/ 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stadium update