Still a lot of football to be played…

Viewing 1 reply thread

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

“Given the Gators are not expected to be SEC contenders this season — though that could change — the Utes’ loss is a sore spot as well. That does not mean it’s a terrible loss, but it may not measure up well against losses by other potential contenders at season’s end. Still, I project Utah to repeat as Pac-12 champions and play in the Rose Bowl against projected Big Ten opponent Michigan.”

~Jerry Palm

4 3

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I agree, even if Utah wins out I see them as 6/7 ranked best case scenario. This was a must win game for Utah.

Given that the national perception of the PAC is justifiably low, I doubt any team would be in the current CFP conversation.

CFP will be Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, and some breakout team that’ll lose by 3 touchdowns to the number 1 team.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

I don’t agree. Win out – including the Pac-12 Championship, and they’re in. That said, I hate even discussing this. There is so much football to be played. I liked a lot of what I saw Saturday – enough to be optimistic but enough to wonder if we can go through the schedule without another loss or two.

One thing I’ll be surprised by is if Florida loses more than two or three games. That’s a damn good team. There is no shame in losing in the Swamp this year.

Whether we end up with one, two, or more losses this year, I’m going to enjoy the ride.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

Serious question, what did you see from Florida that makes you think they’re a good team? I saw a team that has a really talented QB. That’s it. If we would have found a way to at least slow him down or make him beat us with his arm, I think we win that game convincingly.

I’d be willing to bet they lose 4, maybe 5 games this year.

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

I just realized I said “make him beat us with his arm and we win” which doesn’t make sense. But you get what I mean.

fosternano
            Ute Fan
            @fosternano

It’ll be interesting to see, if you’re a decent SEC program right now you’ll go at least .500 in conference. The only real SEC powerhouse teams are Georgia and Bama. The rest of the conference either has a new coach or are rebuilding.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Florida only drop 2 games against Georgia and Texas A&M (and who knows with A&M they may win out or go 6-6)

D T
              Ute Fan
              @azute1

TAMU is an unknown at QB.

fosternano
                Ute Fan
                @fosternano

They’re the texas team of the SEC. Always ranked really high, only to go so-so. They’ll still manage to win 8-9 games probably since they normally schedule 3-4 mid majors every year.

Ute Bc
            Ute Fan
            @utebc

They beat the #7 team in the country.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Oklahoma will be the 4th team. They have a weak schedule and will probably go undefeated

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Still a lot of football to be played…