Viewing 3 reply threads

S.CarolinaUte
      Ute Fan
      @s-carolinaute

Suamataia signs with BYU, will enroll in January according to KSL sports

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

This was a forgone conclusion. He wanted home and family. He would’ve sign with BYU even if they were still in the MWC.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

This^^^.  BYU fan will claim this is due to their recent “rise”, but like the Nacuas this is simply a hometown boy wanting to play at home.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Agreed, he said his decision had nothing to do with football. It was entirely about being home with his family. If his family was living in Logan, he would be playing for Utah St.

It sucks though because he’s a huge get for them. I could care less about any of their other pick ups through transfers etc but I’m definitely jealous they got Suamataia…he would’ve been a game changer for us.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Great kid from a great family… No clue if he is going to be a good college football player yet. Obviously didn’t play at Oregon, but I don’t know what their OL situation is this year. Gotta believe he would have started there eventually.

Obviously would have liked him at the UofU, but he was NEVER coming here. As I have stated before he has multiple uncles on the BYU staff, and at least a couple of uncles/cousins that have played for BYU. So far as I know, he has no actual cousins/uncles that have played for Utah. He’s from Orem.

He’s not a make or break a team kind of player because of his position, but he will certainly help recruiting rankings at the very least.

If he is anything like his namesake, who I happen to know very well, he is a big softie (not in a negative way at all) who gets very emotionally attached to people, and by association to the places/things he associates with those people.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

If the kid is as good as his rating, he’ll be gone to the league after two more seasons so Utah will not ever need to worry about playing against him. That would be better than having to beat Oregon with him in 22 or 23

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.