Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Super Bowl Discussion

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Professional Sports NFL Super Bowl Discussion

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Hey we have a Ute in the SB! Mitch Wishnowski. Early in the first quarter SF looks better than KC. Let’s see how long that lasts.

UTUTE
      Participant

I historically have really liked both teams and have had a hard time picking who to root for.

Wishnowski is the deciding factor! Go SF

2 1
        UteBacker

Polar opposite for me. This is like watching BYU playing Boise St.

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

That’s as bad as it could get.

Kellso
          Participant

Turn it off!

Central Coast Ute
          Participant

Agreed. I wish they could both lose but since they can’t, I want Wish to get a SB ring.

Tony (admin)
          Keymaster

Only thing worse would be byu playing boise state on oregon’s basketball court.

AlohaUte
          Participant

I don’t understand the Ute fan angst towards Boise State. If anything,I’d think we’d stand in solidarity with them as we’ve been in their shoes. But for some reason, that I don’t understand, many Utes hate them. Anyone care to explain?

Utah
            Participant

Nah. That hate, for me, is this:

Boise St went undefeated in 2004. In 2003 and 2002, they went 13-1 and 12-1. Yet no one talked about them. Crickets when it came to Boise St. Why? Because they don’t play anybody. Their SOS was never even close to being strong enough to talk about them breaking the BCS.

Utah? Utah scheduled up. Every damn year. We were Fresno St before Fresno St with their whole “anyone, anywhere” mantra. And we ran the table in 2004. We f**king broke the f**king BCS. Kicked that door down.

What happened? They changed the rules. G5’s didn’t need to be top 4 anymore. They only needed to be top 12. And Boise, smartly I add, took full advantage of that. They would schedule one kind of tough game the first game of the year. So they would have all summer to prep for that game. Win that game and then all they had to do was beat the absolute s**t teams in the WAC to be undefeated.

And they got all the glory because of that. I’d bet if you ran a poll of college football fans, that most would say Boise busted the BCS. But Boise didn’t do s**t other than schedule down. Even the great Chris Petersen only went undefeated twice. And he had losses to Fresno St, BYU, SDSU (multiple times), TCU (multiple times), Nevada, Hawaii, East Carolina.

When you hear people talk about Boise St, you’d think they were undefeated multiple times with twice as many BCS bowls as we had. Yet, they ended up with two, the same as us. And if not for us busting the BCS and changing the rules, they would have had none.

So, in my jealousy, f**k Boise St. We made them. Without us, no one knows who they are or even cares, just like no one cared who they were in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

Tony (admin)
      Keymaster

Christian McAffrey is a stud though.

utefansince79
      Participant

For a game with 2 teams I really don’t care for (very much wanted to see Detroit win a few weeks ago), turned out to be an entertaining game and had no stress since I didn’t care who won.

Got a bit old seeing a certain singer every 5 minutes but guess the network knows her fans very much wanted to see her that often.

MDUte
        Participant

They really should push the Super Bowl back 1 week so everyone gets the Monday off for President’s Day. That just makes too much sense. I’m sure the NFL would have no problem monetizing an additional week of playoff revenue. It’s a no brainer IMO.
        Or the NFL could start their playoffs 1 week later making way for college to have an extra week for its expanded 12 team playoff or if CFB were to move to 16 teams down the road.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.