Tailgate

Viewing 3 reply threads
      4 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Lots of theories that football will happen with no fans in the stands. If we can’t go to the games I swear I’m still going to tailgate somewhere, somehow. 

2 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I really want college football.  But, I just don’t see it happening this fall.  Even if they were to play without fans – what happens when a player on a team gets Convid-19.  Wouldn’t the entire team need to isolate for a period of time?

Until there is a viable vaccine or at least a legit treatment – I can’t see how sports like football will be played.  I am hoping that a vaccine becomes readily available this fall or early winter and that they try to play college football starting in February.

As far as tailgating goes, it will probably happen in your driveway this season. 🙂

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I’m not even sure how to process autumn without football.  

Our problem lies in our ties with the California schools.  Normally this is a great thing, but in this case, I think they’re going to shut it down and drag us with them.  

I think our college football season is going to consist of a round-robin SEC tournament with the winner being crowned national champs.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I don’t think a few schools/states are going to prevent other schools from playing football. If California is going to stay shut down, but states like Utah and Arizona are going to carry on, contingency plans will take effect and we will play a modified schedule without the California schools for a season.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Maybe the non-CA Pac12 teams can make a one year conference with the non-CA MWC teams. I know that’s dumb but no dumber than a bunch of other scenarios that are being thrown out there.

Let’s just play ball for hell’s sake.

I know. I’m bitter. I need my Utah football!

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

And give a team like Boise State a chance to win a Pac-12 Championship? Pass.

If there is limited participation among conferences, I think we would be more likely to see intra-conference home and homes with maybe two or three non-conference games from a neighboring conference.

For Utah, we could play Arizona, ASU, and Colorado all home and home on top of Wyoming and BYU who happen to already be on the schedule, and throw in Utah State for one more.

4 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

One state with crazy population density and multiple failures from leaders has a ton of deaths. 
      Meanwhile Pneumonia has claimed close to 79k this season alone. 

Governments with good intentions will always be the cause of calamity.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.