Texas hires Steve Sarkisian as Head Coach.

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Hiring Sarkisian seem like whisky business, but it’s worth a shot. Sounds like he’s put his stuff behind him. I’m happy for him. Related to Utah somewhate because Utah recruits that area. Would be interesting to see someone make Texas a national contender. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Big risk. I guess they’re hoping for a big reward. Seven win Sark may strike again.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Ultimately, Del Conte couldn’t land Urban so he rolls the dice with Sark. In Sark’s favor, his offense has been amazing at Alabama. Seems like it could be a great hire but I thought Herman would kill at Texas with all of that talent. I wonder if the change might allow us to pick off one of their 2022 recruits.
      Texas 2022 recruits reaction to Herman’s firing

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I’m pretty sure my offense would be amazing at Alabama.

PAC12Teams
          Ute Fan
          @utahbb

Which Texas player will be transfering back?

Come on I know you thought about it…

Duhwayne
            Ute Fan
            @duhwayne

Not sure if it matters who the coach is. I thought our Texas transfers were here because they were buried in the order.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

There are some coaches that are better at the coordinator level than HC.  I suppose they benefit from the supervision and working only a subset of the issues.  I think Gary Anderson may be one.  I am pretty sure Sark is one.  Anyone going to Texas has a less than 50/50 chance of success because their bar is so high.  Likely, only Meyer would be able to satisfy them.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Texas hires Steve Sarkisian as Head Coach.