The Jazz need a 6’5” point guard that can play good perimeter defense, a pass f

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

first guy, can shoot the 3 at around 37% or better. This would allow Mitchell to play the shooting guard. Wonder if Delon Wright could be that guy for the Jazz. He doesn’t have to start, but he could because Mitchell will get his 30 points on 35 shot attempts. Conley could come off the bench with Clarkson. In this way, you wouldn’t have to start two guys at 6’1″, one of which is 170 lbs (Conley) and the other has no desire to play defense. 

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Like the idea – even though he doesn’t put up great counting stat numbers, he’s efficient and has a good PER and 48 min per stats.

I do feel like this iteration of the Jazz has run its course…and wouldn’t mind a full rebuild. It does suck that we traded a few of our future firsts. This year’s draft class lacks elite talent – but next year is looking good. 

Atlanta looks like a good trade partner in terms of Gobert – we could get back Capella and hopefully one of their wings (Hunter would be a steal of a trade). 

Most teams would want Mitchell – but the Knicks and him seem like a good match, and both appear thirsty for the other. RJ Barrett is underwelming – but he plays hard and gets a little better each year and has good size for a two (if not good speed/quickness). Outside shot improving, mid-range game non-existent. A package of RJ and maybe Cam with future unprotected firsts would work. 

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Did the Jazz bring in Danny Ainge to help blow this team up and secure draft picks? Also, RJ Barrett is 20 years old and is averaging the same amount of PPG, this season, as Don did his rookie season at 20 years old. 

If the Jazz keep Rudy, I would like to see them get length on the perimeter. It doesn’t have to be the below guys but if you had the lineup of a Wright 6’5″ or Lillard (I wish), Barrett 6’6″, Bogey 6’8″ and a Max Kleba type 3 point shooting PF at 6’10 along with Rudy, that could be a defensive jugernaut that could also be just good enough offensively to compete in playoff series. Having a 6’4″ PF in Royce O-neal has run its course, I think.  

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

How about my SUNS?!?!?!?!?!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA The Jazz need a 6’5” point guard that can play good perimeter defense, a pass f