The weirdest part of seeing NJ play

Viewing 7 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

hasn’t been his subpar QB play. He did enough throwing the ball for us to win our last game (the passes were just dropped). The weirdest part is that he is somehow no better than Huntley, Rising, or Barnes at running the football. He is clearly capable of so much more running the football, but he insists on not taking off and running like he could. It is strange. Hopefully, the coaching staff just tells him to do what he does best. That is how we are going to win games going forward.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

I wonder if it’s a mix of: ‘don’t turn the ball over’ hesitation, ‘I’ve got to show them I can be a throwing qb’, and ‘we can’t afford another qb injured and if you run, it raises those chances’

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

That seems correct. I want to see him just go balls-out for a game and see what happens. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. Our offense can’t be worse than it is was last week.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

These were exactly my thoughts. Dudes got absolute rockets for legs and yet…sooo much hesitation and poor throwing with dropped passes. I don’t know if I’ve ever been so confused at an offense than I have this year.

Weapons are there. The run is stopped. The passing is nonexistent. Complete and total derailing of a season. So weird.

Still love my Utes though!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Against Cal NJ, with a healthy Jackson and Glover, and a game plan with him in mind, and a full week to practice off a bye, and others healthy like a healthy center could look very good and build confidence. I think we will see the majority of players that are to return this year play in this game.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

It seems to me that he is fast when it comes to 40 times but it hasn’t necessarily translated to football fast. Doesn’t outrun LB’s to the sideline.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

My interpretation is that he struggles most with decision making more than anything else. (Do I run? Do I throw? Etc) The kid is an athlete, just doesn’t yet know how to use the tools he has.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Some of the drops haven’t been very “catchable” balls. The first play on the third drive, for example, he missed the read early then threw it late below the WRs knees. If he puts it at his waist or above is a much easier catch.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

I don’t agree that he doesn’t have “football speed”. I just think he’s hesitating and honestly, he somehow always makes the wrong decision. When he should keep his eyes downfield and pass, he runs. When he should run, he keeps his eyes downfield. When he hands it off on an option play, he should have kept it. When he keeps it on an option play, he should have handed it off.

Part of the reason why is probably because he watched Barnes against Baylor. Plenty of times against Baylor, Barnes should have kept his eyes downfield, but when he faced the slightest bit of pressure, he just tucked and ran. I’m assuming the coaches told him not to do that, and it’s causing him to hesitate.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The weirdest part of seeing NJ play