This makes four straight bowl losses, correct?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Not a good look

3 2

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

If our players and coaches want to win bowls they should show up giving a s**t. At least Penn state is good. we also lost a dogs**t Texas badly.

Ultimately though this years team was deeply flawed from week 1. Our poor defense is showing. Making it to the rose bowl is a pretty big overperformance for the Utes this year so you’ve got at least be happy about that.

SOWhat
        Ute Fan
        @sowhat

I’ll take a “deeply flawed “ PAC-12 championship. You make it sound like they had a lack of effort, I think it was a lack of talent. PSU had better players today.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

“I’ll take a “deeply flawed “ PAC-12 championship.”. That’s my point. This was house money we overperformed and that’s a good thing

“I think it was a lack of talent. PSU had better players today.” This is a defeatist mindset even if it was true. A team must always believe that it can overcome a talent gap. And they can, Tulane won by the way. But a team must also feel that it is always in control of it’s drive and fire.

You want a team that says ” I can play better’, not “I’m less talented”

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Utah’s best win was an overrated USC. Vs Oregon, UCLA, or Florida? All L’s. Time to move on. No, Scalley isn’t the answer…

RoboUte
            Ute Fan
            @hamplate

This here is what our fans dont get. We deserve credit for beating USC and their Heisman QB twice, no doubt. but we lost ALL, and I do mean ALL, of our other tests. This team fell to a horrendous Florida, a good UCLA, a floundering Oregon, and a good PSU.

Really good teams win some more of those. We are lucky to be where we are this week. It was a wildly successful season considering we were only an ok team by our standards.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Yeah, it sucks but we’re not playing .500 teams like Indiana and West Virginia anymore. We’ve been better during the regular season, so we’ve been getting better bowl opponents.

Don’t worry, though. There will likely be a significant regression next season so we’ll get another mediocre bowl opponent and probably win.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This makes four straight bowl losses, correct?