Time to start looking ahead to Oregon

Viewing 6 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

There’s really no need to talk anymore about Arizona. That game is over before it even begins. Is there a way somehow that Utah could lose to Arizona? Mike Tomlin said it best, “You never say never…BUT NEVER!
      With that said, I’m loving the matchup against Oregon. Seems like every big PAC game this year, we’ve gone in as the questionable underdog. With USC, we’d never won in the Coliseum before and could we finally get over the hump there. Then came ASU who at the time everyone was calling the best team in the conference until we surprised everyone and dominated the 2nd half to win convincingly. And finally, in comes UCLA following our tough loss to OSU where our defense was exposed. The talk shifted back to UCLA and Chip Kelly having his best team and would run the ball down our throats until we showed we could stop it and we all know what happened.
      That brings us to Oregon. Everyone is going to be looking for the Ducks to come into RES and make a statement against the hottest team in the conference. This is Oregon’s big chance to show the committee they got it right with their Top 4 ranking. And I think all of this sets things up perfectly for Whitt and the team to take down Oregon in a big way. Nobody plays the underdog role better than Whitt and team and having this game at home where RES will be packed and rocking, and with the way our team has things rolling…I can see us leaving no doubt that we’re for real and winning this game by 2 scores.
      Our Oline is playing the best I’ve seen in a long time and will be able to keep our offense moving the ball in both the run and pass game. And I have all the confidence in the world that Whitt and Scalley can put our defense in the best position to be successful. Oregon’s offense is solid but nothing special IMO.
      For me this has upset written all over it. What say you?…Go Utes!!

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

If we beat them at RES we need to beat them in Vegas (Or wazzu a second time I guess). SO let’s do both.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I think we match up well against Oregon and could beat them twice. I realize that’s a tall order but I love this team and the way we’re playing…I believe they can do it.

And I can already see the media rallying behind the Utes given the devastating losses and adversity this team has had to endure and how it brought them so close together to play for a much bigger cause etc.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Arizona’s offense is flat out horrible. That Cal game was nothing more than a glorified pillow fight. UofA continues to improve and hung in there with UW and USC. Other than UO, Cats have not played a more stubborn, physical defense or physical offense than Utah. This game should be over at half time. Would like to see Rising get more reps in the pass game preparing for UO who we know is going to stack 8 on the LOS forcing Utah to throw if they can stop the run.

This is not the same UO we faced in 2019 and this years Utah team plays better team football than the 2019. Utah is not dealing with Herbert at QB, far from it. Scalley is going to cause a lot of problems for UO’s QB. If Utah can run the ball on UO, the ducks are in trouble.

UofA game is close if Utah completely comes out flat and turns the ball over 20 times. UofA will probably try and get tricky with nothing to lose. At this point, the Utes don’t need style points. Beat the Cats, go up big early, stay healthy and get the 40 some odd freshman get PT. Utes are on a mission and no way in hell UofA is going to get in the way.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Hahahaha….glorified pillow fight! Love it!

Yes I agree we’ve got a better offense than in 2019 and I think this Oregon team is not as good as they were in 2019.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I agree, the Az game is not in doubt. We should work on Rising’s passing game with some running mixed in. Second half work on Jackson’s passing game. Costelli can even take a drive and keep his redshirt year. We can still be very determined with energy with a game plan that maximizes our development for two games with Oregon and a bowl opponent. I would also like to see if the young LBers can keep Az stopped late in the game.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Rising didn’t have a great game against Stanford, overthrew the end zone pretty horribly. If Rising plays like he did vs SC, and the oline continues to progress- Utah can beat anybody on their schedule. Currently ESPN has Oregon as the dog vs Utah. That won’t sit well.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

As of today – I agree!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

My biggest worry: Oregon WR vs Utah’s young secondary.   Convince me I’m wrong.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

I’ll play devils advocate.
      Watching After Dark episode U of A will come out fired up and ready to play. The Stanford game you could see them give up after the first drive. Playing in the sun early is never a good thing. AZ will pull out all their stops to keep this game as close as possible. If we come out flat…Turn ball over early….we could be in a closer game than your posts suggests.
      Remember the 2008 season 13-10 game vs NMexico. Heavily favored on road we squeezed out a defensive game. -2 in TOs.
      AZ was only down 5 this season after three qtrs at Oregon. They threw five Ints against them two in red zone. Game was much closer then the outcome 41-19.

All I am saying is we can’t overlook AZ before the quacks.

It may come down to CU game to win the South. Remember that windy game at Rice Eccles that we blew our first chance to win PAC 12 South against CU.
      I am not ready to jump to U of O just yet. The OSU game is evidence things can unravel at any moment. You have every reason to be confident and ready to move on ,but others like me ,will take it game by game. It’s all good brotha…..love your enthusiasm. It does feel good the way “Cam has Rising” this team to new heights and we are on board for the ride!

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I think Arizona hanging around late against Oregon says more about Oregon than it does about Arizona.

Oregon is a really good team, but they have looked vulnerable at times this year. They have so much talent, so they usually pull out some spectacular plays late to overcome their deficiencies. 

@ Utah will be a huge challenge for them. They aren’t playing like the team that beat tOSU right now. They are squeaking by poor P12 teams (the same teams Utah has been blowing out).

LetItRide
          Ute Fan
          @letitride

Firmly agree. Their QB will be the focus to maintain. If he plays mediocre and doesn’t have a ByU QB game of his life we should be in good shape.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Time to start looking ahead to Oregon