Timing of recent transfers

Viewing 4 reply threads

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

I’m trying to understand the timing of the recent transfers.  Are there team meetings going on right now where players can guage potential playing time or how they might be used in the scheme this fall?  Have there been recent practices where they can see the quarterback talent (or lack of it)? 

What is driving two receivers to bail right now, just a few weeks before spring ball?  To be clear, my question is about the timing of the decision to transfer.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m not sure about meetings, but I’m pretty sure those players can gauge how they’re going to be used based on their own personal experiences.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Do to the lack of better incoming WR talent fans are left to scrutinize a young mans decision to better his own situation. Sad times.

Wonder if the decision to continuingly playing Bentley over Lisk has had some lasting repercussions?

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Maybe its just time for a change for Samson and Utah. Utes will be fine at WR. There are plenty of 20 yard and less receivers on the team to fill his role. Getting Dixon back was huge. Vele and Kincaid have a lot more upside to fill Nacua’s role. Kincaid is almost a hybrid type WR that will make him hard to cover smaller DBs while trying to match up with Kuthie and Fother

Again, seems interesting as a senior he was not chosen to be a captain or selected to the leadership council. Best of luck to the kid, he did a lot for Utah football as did Utah football for him believing in him even after his social media blunder. 

concerned
        Ute Fan
        @concerned

Also Conner O’toole.  A relative who attends practice and thinks money parks will be very good. But parks, Otooele  and Cope are very young. 

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

Good catch (pun intended) :)! A lot of solid players to step in. I suspect WR recruiting will make a big jump next cycle as the new QBs step in. My chips are on JQJ at QB, he is a prototypical badass Utah football player. QB competition will be fun to watch.

2 1

Jake
            Ute Fan
            @jutahfootball

If you’re betting on JQJ to win the job this year then be prepared to lose your money. Don’t get me wrong, he’s great talent, and will likely be very good in a couple years, but he needs to grow as a passer and get a year in the system. Rising has been with the team multiple years and knows the system and won the job last year, if he’s healthy, it’s his job likely. If he’s not healthy then Brewer is a 4 year starter who went to the Sugar Bowl who can step in. I don’t doubt that JQJ could put in the work and be the guy day one with his talent, I just wouldn’t bet on it.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Rising barely beat out Bentley and Lisk for the start. ***From what I remember. ****
              Now I am not saying Costelli and JQJ are better than them. I feel like hoping Utah improved is all people want.

Jake
                Ute Fan
                @jutahfootball

We were hiding who our QB was for week one, there wasn’t a big 3 way battle that came down to the wire, it was always between Bentley and Rising. And Rising won the job a couple weeks before the season. They didn’t have much time because of Covid and Rising separated himself from the others.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Take whatever is commonly known or the history of transfers and disregard it. I don’t think it is wrong to question what is going on but it is all new. Utah has had an awesome ramp up in recruit ing. Sez getting completed is going to attract more talent.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Timing of recent transfers