TNT trashes Jazz. Was it deserved?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I only saw part of the post-game but heard more about it on the news this morning.  Smith doesn’t think they have a chance staying with the Lakers and Clippers because the Jazz is an offensive team that cannot play defense like the LA teams.  They all said if the Jazz has an off night shooting, they will always lose, but the LA teams have other ways to win.  They say that Mitchell is one-dimensional and you can see it by the stats.  He has only had one ten + assist game and one ten+ rebound game.  Smith said he should be doing this 30-40 times a season.

Your thoughts?

I think they are a bunch of talking heads promoting the big market teams.  The Jaz has some weaknesses for sure, but they are playing very well right now.

5 1

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

They just don’t watch the Jazz. The Clippers are 20th in Defensive Efficiency while the Jazz are 5th…

2 1

123punt
      Ute Fan
      @123punt

I’d say at the Jazz’s peak, they can hang with the Lakers. I’m not sure that’s enough to overcome the NBA’s ‘star power’ factor… but that’s another topic.

None of these analysts on TNT actually watch the Jazz, maybe some highlights and then look at the stat sheet. I’m no x’s & o’s expert, but I’ve heard Snyder has one of the more complex systems in the NBA and he deliberately pushes the offense through multiple players. That could contribute to the lack of stat stuffing on the box score.

I’m also disappointed the way Shaq treated Mitchell during their interview. Mitchell’s a stud. Is he Lebron? No. But who is? Only Lebron. There’s plenty of other stars in this league and I hope Mitchell continues to excel. If this team can reach their peak during the playoffs, they’ll be a lot of fun to watch.

2 2

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The Jazz are a good team. There is no way they can hang with Lebron and AD in the playoffs. They have already beaten the Clippers, but can they do it in a 7 game series? I think they can, but if I’m putting money on it I would bet on the Clippers with Leonard and George.

2 1

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

One of the problems is guys like James Harden and Russell Westrbook have warped the idea of how “productive” a ball handling guard needs to be.  They hit at Donovan for not crashing boards and distributing the ball as much as he could but the Jazz don’t have a system where they let one guy play iso-ball for 80 percent of their offensive possessions.

I didn’t necessarily disagree with some of their takes.  Don will obviously get better and he’ll raise his level of playing.  He’s still very young and just signed a new deal to keep him here long-term.  It’s obvious he’ll take the point after Conley leaves but until then he can keep shooting.  He’s hot right now so he should keep doing what he’s doing.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yep. The Jazz are winning and it’s not broken don’t fix it.

1 1

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i saw a snippet later on.  DM just said “allright” and didn’t say another word putting the onus on shaq to say something.  the camera went back to shaq and he was a deer in the headlights.  LMAO.  DM is a very good player and teammate.  he’s a little like AI but is a way better teammate.  he still has runway.  the attack made on him was simply that…. an attack by a dude who is so p**sed off at the money being made these days.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA TNT trashes Jazz. Was it deserved?