TSPP fans already claiming they beat themselves and of course moral superiority

Viewing 5 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Classic TSPP fan move. Can’t wait to experience that multiple times a year again. /s

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

Well, Utah’s size and first-half shooting absolutely killed BYU. Keita and Carlson were a matchup nightmare and Madsen played very well. BYU only shot 55% from the line and 23% from 3, so that was somewhat self-inflicted, but Utah’s length gave BYU fits tonight. Utah has a really good team this year and I think have a great shot of making the tourney.

With that said, and I don’t mean this disrespectfully, I think Utah is gonna have a hard time beating BYU for the next 2-3 years. They are losing a lot of production this year, such as Bajema, Carlson, Erickson, Madsen, and Worster and BYU has been out-recruiting them as of late. But Craig Smith is a hell of a coach. And I’m terrified that Keita is only a Sophomore.

But even if BYU is beats Utah more often than not the next few years, at least you’ll always have football. I’m mentally preparing for another long streak for Utah. Whitt’s recruiting has been insane the last few years.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I don’t disagree. Carlson is leaving, and he’s been our best player for a couple of years now… and our High School recruiting has been terrible. IF fans start showing up to games, our recruiting may pick up a bit.

Keita is a good player, but he can’t do a whole lot offensively. Utah’s only chance is to play well this year, squeeze their way into the tourney, and get some recruiting momentum. Otherwise you guys will have Utah’s number the next couple of years.

We don’t necessarily need to replace Carlson, we just need to replace his production. There is nobody on the roster right now capable of doing that.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Keita is averaging more ppg in his second year than Carlson did in his second year. Also, he’s a HS recruit. Exacte, another HS recruit is yet to play this year, but hopefully will soon and he’s got a big body for a wing. Lovering has made a huge step forward this year. If he does that again next year he’ll provide a lot of easy points for Utah next year.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Yes… Keita is a high school recruit from Smith’s first offseason. Keita can score points, but he will never be the offensive focal point of our team. He gets a lot of points off of put backs and other hustle plays.

Exacte averaged 3 pts on 33% shooting last year. Maybe he’ll get better, but he was not a heralded recruit, and he was not good last year.

Lovering might improve a bit after this year. Of course, his improvement may be due to the fact that he is playing with another extremely talented 7 footer. It is entirely possible (though, I will admit unlikely) that he takes a step back next year when teams aren’t so focused on Carlson.

We need a centerpiece, we do not have a centerpiece that will be on this roster next year. Carlson, Worster, Madsen, and Bajema are all gonezo after this year. No way in hell our current roster comes close to replicating their production.

Of course, we got some great transfers the last year or two, no reason why we won’t be able to do that again. We will certainly have plenty of playing time to go around with 4 of our starters leaving.

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

Your post reeks of not having watched many games. Keita scored 23 points last game and does so much to impact the game that doesn’t show on the stat sheet. Also, Craig Smith’ bigs consistently score more and more points every year, even if they’re not shooters. Mark my words, Keita is on his way to being a top scorer and leader of this team as he progresses to upper class man next season.

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

The fact that Keita scored 23 points once doesn’t mean he is capable of being the offensive focal point on a good basketball team. I’m sure Keita will continue to improve. He is a great player. He knows his role, and does it well. His role is not, and will almost certainly never be that of the offensive focal point. He gets his points off of doing the dirty work, which is GREAT… but even if he averaged 30 a game (not going to happen) off of doing the dirty work, that still wouldn’t make him the offensive focal point of the team. He may very well become “a top scorer” (whatever that means). That wouldn’t make him the focal point of the offense.

We need a go to scorer, Keita is not that, and never will be that. He will help us a ton going forward, but he will never be a go to scorer. Consider your words marked.

Ute Dub
                  Ute Fan
                  @chestercopperpot

You haven’t watched enough, you sound like a casual fan that’s a year behind.

chinngiskhaan
                    Ute Fan
                    @chinngiskhaan

We don’t need to continue debating this. Time will tell. He is not an offensive centerpiece and never will be. That isn’t his game. I like forward to bringing this up in a year or two.

Ute Dub
                      Ute Fan
                      @chestercopperpot

He’s already been a focal piece in multiple games in the post. YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I don’t know Lasso. In this new age of the transfer portal, it feels like we’ll be fielding whole new teams every year. The days of bringing in a youngster and building him into a valuable senior are gone. Good game tonight. We needed this one.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Erickson, Madsen, and Worster, though technically all seniors, have one more year available after this season should they decide to take it. They were all freshmen during the 20-21 campaign which has effectively been wiped off the eligibility books due to Covid-19. That’s the reason why Carlson is still playing with Utah in what’s effectively his fifth season with the team.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

BYU hasn’t lost a game since 1983.

1 4

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I know a lot of BYU fans. They probably beat themselves everyday. And if they don’t, they are sure missing out.

Gotta keep that prostrate healthy.

Jokes aside, f**k BYU.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Ref’s were pretty much a joke and they tried to keep Zoobies in the game or give it to them.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Honestly I thought the refs were fairly decent for the most part….other than a couple of those fouls on 3 pointers. That last one on Keita was horrible, Khalifa was already falling down before there was anything resembling contact. The one towards the end that Robinson made (and missed the free-throw, ball don’t lie) was also questionable. But overall it was physical but they let them play. I prefer that to the foul fest in the second half of the SUU game where everything was getting called.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Didn’t have time to peruse CB for any stories of their fans in wheelchairs getting pushed down the stairs at the Huntsman Center.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo TSPP fans already claiming they beat themselves and of course moral superiority