TV for upcoming Season

Viewing 5 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Yeah, its that time of year again. This cord cutter needs some reccomendation for TV streaming.

Last couple years I’ve used SlingTV for the PAC-12 Network, but last year they removed the Big Ten Network and thats kind of a down for me as I am also an Iowa fan.

I’m look at FUBO TV. Can anyone that has experience with their service?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Sling offers month to month subscription, and they have P12 Network.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Whoops, I misworded my post. I was using SlingTV but they dropped the Big Ten Network so I’m debating whether to re-up.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Hulu has Big-10, not sure about Youtube.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Fubo was pretty overpriced in my estimation. Best bet seemed to be a combo of Sling for Pac-12 and obscure channels like CBS Sports, and either Hulu or YouTube TV with the sports package. We like Hulu because of Ducktales and some other kid friendly steaming shows, they are also offering Disney + as an add on when it launches. Somewhere between 60 and 80 for everything and no contract was pretty nice.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Last year I watched Utah’s Pac12 Metwork games streaming thanks to UtestuckinSeattles feed on his channel. Worked very well. Just another option.

Basketball Junkie
      Ute Fan
      @basketballjunkie

Contact Basketball Junkie

Err that’s me!

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

I’ve spent some time looking into this as well. Here are the two most viable options without dish or Comcast.

Sling: $50 gets you pac12, Fox sports and espn. Downside is you can’t record games on ESPN.

Fubo: Similar cost. Pac12 and fan, but no ESPN. That seems like a deal breaker as a few games a year are there 

Neither will get you Root Sports for Jazz games. Does anybody use a VPN? I’m curious if that give you more options. I know Pac12 Networks streams international ly.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

VPN did enable all Pac-12 areas for me, but that was it.  I’ve actually completely given up on Root Sports and went to NBA Streams on Reddit.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Additional note on ESPN:
        Correct, you can’t record ESPN games, but you CAN access games through the ESPN app, including most all of the games already completed.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TV for upcoming Season