Tyler Huntley just might work out for us…

Viewing 4 reply threads

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

When I think about what he could do with an o-line in front of him, I get a very special tingly feeling inside.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Next year looks bright. I think we will see him shine in the CU game and then dominate in the bowl game.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Then his escapability becomes a major asset rather than just a requirement to live 

Ute1998
      Ute Fan
      @ute1998

Yeah, but Gunther says he is to small to play and will get snapped like a toothpick.  So we are screwed 🙂

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Gunther is an expert in regard to non-NFL talent like himself and Troy Williams…the rest of his opinions should be disregarded. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

He is a pott stirrer as much as he belittles Huntley in the same breath he says Utah needs him. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Screw Gunther.  He wouldnt even be able to walk on this team. His playing experience is greatly different from the current level of competition and talent.  He was convinced byu would have a better season than Utah and that Kalani Sitake would get P5 head coaching offers at the end of the year.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That’s great, but how many less yards are we getting out of the running game this year versus the last few? I bet it is close to a wash.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The total Offense stats are roughly equivalent to slightly better than last year, and that is without 4 NFL O Linemen and an NFL runing back.  (Total yardage is not a very good indication, but we had roughly 1000 more yards rushing last year than this year – although we still have 1-2 games left).

YPA and completion stats are way up.   But over the last 4 games since Huntley came back, the Offense has done better than average against opponents (esp in the last two games). 

shakeitsugaree
          Ute Fan
          @shakeitsugaree

Yes, @Utah had a nice post with these stats

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Hahha sorry I can’t help but laugh. 1000 yards less than last year with 1-2 games left??  I think it is safe to say despite having those two games they will finish well below last years mark.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

Total yardage is a poor indicator. We had 4 OL and an RB who are on NFL rosters this year.

Our shiny new Oh-Fense is taking shape and will kick butt next year. Our passing game is quite a bit more effective, and Huntley is becoming a cold-blooded assassin. His Yards Per Attempt and completion percentages will put him in elite company next year.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I agree with you he has been impressive. Indicator for future success is high but they need to get better at so many other things to help him out. He also needs to protect himself and be smart about his running. It doesn’t help anyone the amount of hits he takes. 

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

If Tuttle does come do we have a QB 1 battle on our hands? I am not close enough to situation to know. Josh Rosen started as a true Freshman at UCLA. Just curious what the word on the street is. Would be nice if there was a 3 year separation between the two of them. Interesting.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tyler Huntley just might work out for us…