Undrafted Free Agents

Viewing 2 reply threads

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Looks like we had quite a few UDFA’s, Hansen ended up in New Orleans, Ballard at Carolina. Where did the others land and which ones do you think have the best fit and a chance to make a roster?

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Falemaka signed UFA with the seahawks

Agasiva made the mini camp

9 starting seniors, 5 drafted, 3 UFA, and 1 mini camp ain’t too bad

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Not a Ute, but thought it was interesting that Jake Browning was not drafted. He was once touted as a Heisman candidate.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

This is what makes me more confident in our chances at beating them this year.  If you read his draft profile, it states that his success was tied to the talent at receiver.  Without Ross and Pettis, they really underachieved this past year, and now with Gaskin gone, they’ve got some rebuilding to do on offense.  Meanwhile, we have all of our offensive production returning, and a very very scary defense.  If any year was our year to beat UW, this is it.  I just hope we can put it together.

TheJuggernaut
            Ute Fan
            @thejuggernaut

It’s not just UW’s offense, they lost 9 starters from their defense to graduation/draft.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Yup, he just was never able to put it all together. It was surprising.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

It was wild to hear (some…) Husky fans boo him during games.  When he was throwing to John Ross he was unbeatable (43 TDs/9 Ints in 2016? Almost 69% completion percentage with 8.1 YPA in 2017?  Astonishing!).  He was a wizard, and there were many times I wish he was our QB.

So hearing Husky fans boo him like crazy in the few games I attended was confusing.  Somehow they forget just how terrible* Husky Football was between the Rose Bowl in 2000 and finally getting back to over 7 wins in 2011.  Lots of 0-, 1-, 2-, 4-, 5-, 6, and 7-win seasons in the meantime.  Browning took them to the CFP in 2016, and suddenly Husky Nation thought they were “Back, Baby!”, only to boo him for leading them to 2 straight 10-win seasons afterward.

*more than a few of my friends who have season tickets going back decades can’t get their (adult) kids to go to games with them, because their memories growing up were of the Huskies losing 8+ games per year (or 11 or 12…).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Undrafted Free Agents