Urban Meyer to the Dallas Cowboys ???

Viewing 1 reply thread

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Not sure how he’ll do in NFL, but since he’s coached a couple “professional” college teams already … worth a shot…

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/urban-meyer-makes-it-clear-hed-be-interested-in-coaching-the-dallas-cowboys

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The stress of a NFL coach compared to even Ohio State head coach isn’t even close. These guys have no life the pressure is so high. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I don’t totally disagree. However, there are at least three things about coaching college – I would hate. 

1. Recruiting. I would hate to always have to sell my program to 17 year old teenagers. 

2. Babysitting a bunch of young hormonal kids. 

3. Dealing with helicopter parents. 

On the the other hand, when you coach pro sports, you have to deal with Prima Donna athletes. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Don’t.  Ok so the Miami Dolphins suck. But still they are full of the best talent from the college ranks. There are no Idaho states and NIU’s in the NFL. If you don’t exhaust yourself in scheming each week for every opponent, EVEN for the Dolphins you will lose.

NFL head coaching is exhausting.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

I don’t disagree.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

There are prima donna’s in college, too.   One thing about the pros is that you could delegate a lot of the day-to-day stuff and without the recruiting filling-up the entire off-season (even during the so-called quiet periods they’re probably looking at film of prospects) there’d be times to kick back and relax in the off-season (not the entire 6-7 months, of course).  Meyer’s Type A+ personality probably wouldn’t allow complete delegation of work/responsibilities, though.   Probably a Good Thing for Dallas but maybe not for his family and health.  Not at all a Cowboys fan, so I hope they continue to wallow in mediocrity and Urban is not hired.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Urban Meyer to the Dallas Cowboys ???