USC to hire Todd Orlando as DC

Viewing 3 reply threads

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

USC fans got good news today that Graham Harrell is not going to the Philadelphia Eagles, but now learn that Helton has hired a defensive coordinator who was just fired from Texas.  Texas was #108 in total defense in 2019.  Orlando did not coach in the bowl game (might have saved his job if he did) and he was just hired by Matt Wells at Texas Tech.  Ouch!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

A step up from Tony Orlando, though.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

And Dawn?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Didn’t you hear, Dawn died in a kiln fire. Oh wait, that was Fawn.

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Clay Helton joins Todd Orlando to sing ‘Trojans greatest hits’ –

“Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree, it’s been over four long years, do you still want me?”

and “Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me, twice on the pipe if the answer is no”

Of course if Harrell left he was going to call Matt Canada and sing “oooh Matt Candida, we could make it together.”

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

I don’t like that he has Utah connections from his time at Utah State. He recruited Van Fillinger to Texas.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Utah connections outside of Utah reaaly do not matter for Stanford, USC, Oregon, and UW recruting in Utah. These teams are in a different recruiting market than Utah. School name, reputation, and history speak for themselves.

That said, Utah’s brand continues to grow and this year proved some higher level talented kids are creating a recuiting theme of at staying home to play together. Hopefully this will carry over to future recruiting classes. 

EutawStreet
          Ute Fan
          @eutawstreet

USC did not get Fillinger, Carlson, Ritchie or Harrison.  Looks to me like connections matter.  A coach at Corner Canyon played for Orlando at Utah State and connected Orlando and Texas to Fillinger.  When Texas fired Orlando, Fillinger de-committed.  If Orlando was a USC in 2019, Fillinger might be a trojan.  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC to hire Todd Orlando as DC