Utah Football Tweet

Viewing 6 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

This is the most dichotomous stat I’ve ever seen for Utah football.

For those that say recruiting doesn’t matter and it all comes down to player development, here’s your proof. 

For those that say recruiting is everything, here’s your proof. I fall into this camp – continuing the recruiting trend is paramount if we want to compete at the highest level, consistently. Let’s continue to build on the momentum from this last class!

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Hey Tony – most likely user error, but on desktop it wouldn’t let me paste a tweet on it’s own line. Had to embed it incorrectly to get it to post. Then went back in, edited, pasted on own line and it worked like a champ. Posting in case this is a bug?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

It does that for me too. Can’t get the tweets embedded until I edit and paste the link again

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Hmmm.  Looks like an “update” I don’t control changed that functionality a bit.  I now have to hit the code button and paste in the link.  Now it seems the link is being wrapped in some html, which causes that auto tweet gig to fail.  May have to change some stuff on the next go round on the home page. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Thanks for taking a look at it, Tony. 

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Utah currently has 7 starters in the NFL which two only use their foot. LSU currently has 30 starters in the NFL which is more than all UTES in the NFL. Stars matter. But I agree with you, our recruiting is improving (which is great) but we will likely never be a blue chip.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

If a school like Nebraska can be a blue blood, there is no reason a school like Utah can’t become one as well. It just requires a strong committment from the school and fans coupled with the right coaching hires. If Whittingham finishes his career strong and we replace him with someone who can maintain or elevate what he has done and that coach sticks around for 10+ years, we will be among the top 20 programs in the nation. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

If I was a Secondary guy or DL. If Utah offered me I would jump before my schooly spot was taken by someone else. The work the coaches do is incredible. Josh Nurse is the perfect example. No, he was not drafted. But he played corner for one full season. And was thought enough of that the Ravens are bringing him into camp. How many corners who were 4/5 guys weren’t even invited despite there star rankings coming out of high school. Pretty incredible.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Story on Nurse is even better. He had zero stars when he joined Utah. He begged his way onto Blinn’s JC team and got found that way. Played special teams for two years and switched to D last year I believe. Now he’s an UDFA. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Sharrief Shah man. The guy is passionate, and obviously a good teacher. He’s one of the coaches we can most ill-afford to lose.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Unfortunately Utah is much closer to Michigan in terms of actual results than any of those other schools. We are improving year by year, but the end of the season was a total abomination.

Something is wrong with coaching when you have half your team in the NFL a few months after crapping the bed in an epic way in the only game that meant anything all season long.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Depth is still an issue. Once Blackmon went out, Oregon knew where to go with the ball. Not saying that was the only issue, but it certainly didnt help when the Utes were making their come back and Oregon started scoring again.

1 6

User Suspended
        @a2ute

This is completely false.  MI recruits at least twice as better as Utah but has the same results – kwitt can develop – if he could only get out of his little introverted Utah “bubble ” and start relating to kids outside of Utah, things would change.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Kids outside of Utah?

Only 38 players on this year’s roster are from Utah.

We have players from California, Texas, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Alabama, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Washington, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, Wisconsin, New Mexico, American Samoa, Canada, Australia, and England. 

2 5

User Suspended
      @a2ute

No question Utah is one of the best in taking average talent and getting them into the draft.  What you find is the vast majority of the Utah NFL draftees go in the later rounds.  What I’d like to see is a list of the top programs that have players drafted in the first three rounds….. this is where Utah falls off the list.

Again. don’t get me wrong, Utah is the “best little engine that could” program in the nation. It’s just not a playoff (or conference) level program. Utah had one (1) player that could be thought of as playoff level difference-maker (JJ).

Utah will need at least 3-4 “difference-makers” each year. 

What this means is simple.  Instead of making a 2-3 star player into a late-round NFL player, kwhitt NEEDS to get highly sought after 4-5 players (like JJ) and make them into early-round NFL players.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

We got 2/3 in this class. Like JJ.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Football Tweet