Utah Jazz camp starting.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

What are you thinking @ironman1315. How do you think the west is going to shake out?  Kind of interesting to see a huge window for the Jazz open up. Denver and Utah probably have the most complete teams. The super star team of Clippers, Lakers, Warriors and Rockets ain’t no push overs. 

I think ceiling for the Jazz is 1-3 seed honestly. 

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I’m interested to see how the new Jazz high powered offense looks.
      To make the finals and win a title usually takes at least 2 superstars on the roster. Utah doesn’t have any. It will be interesting to see if a team of very good players with good depth can compete.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Mitchell and Gobert are stars for sure. I think Mitchell is the closest the Jazz have ever came to potential “super” star status. Conley is going to take a lot of pressure off of his shoulders. I also want to see Ingles go to the bench. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Malone was a Superstar. John Stockton was too, but he shunned the spotlight. The Jazz have had superstars. Malone was MVP for crying out loud.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Other off the court type stuff. Malone and Stockton were not marketable. Mitchell is very well spoken and is building a brand. His shoes sales and Spida brand is a good example. When I refer to Superstars I am talking about the brand that Jordan created. Lebron, Mamba etc. Mitchell potentially is going into that brand where people living in various cities pay to come see him when he visits. 

Current era of super stars is different then vs now. 

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

So endorsement deals make a “superstar?” Ok then.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

It is part of it NBA doesn’t want to hurt brands especially it’s own. When he goes to a crap franchise and brings in fans they give him preferential treatment. It is gonna happen teams are going to get up to play against him. It’s like the difference between the Suns coming into Vivint vs when Lebrons Lakers come. It is a different atmosphere. 

Utesbyfive
                  Ute Fan
                  @utesbyfive

You’ve perfectly encapsulated why I don’t watch the NBA anymore.

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

So why are you disagreeing with me?  You know the current definition for super star in the modern NBA. 

Utesbyfive
                      Ute Fan
                      @utesbyfive

I didn’t. You have “enlightened” me. Thanks for confirming my bias.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

If you think Gobert isn’t a superstar, you’re likely at the the superficial fan level that thinks Carmelo Anthony scoring a bunch of points makes him a superstar. In reality, Gobert effects the game even when he’s not collecting a traditional statistic such as a point, rebound or blocked shot by simply having his defensive presence around the rim. He’s terribly effective on the offensive end shooting the highest percentage shot in the game, the two hand flush. He also effects the offensive end tremendously because a defender sagging off him to stop penetration gets schooled with an easy lob to Gobert and the help the helper man can’t recover quick enough to stop Goberts height and athleticism above the rim. He’s the true best player on the Jazz.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I don’t disagree with you. I think what seperates Gobert from say a Melo(Horribly dated washed up athlete) or more accurately a PG, Lebron, Leonard, AD or Giannnis is the preferred treatment of the NBA. Melo garnered it many years ago, current athletes like AD or Giannis those are Gobert’s competition. He loses those matchups because he has to play differently.

Gobert will get a super max contract soon and that may help him. Mitchell also doesn’t get the special treatment yet. He will as he learns to play into the officials favor like the current popular guards do. 

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

I disagree that Gobert and or Mitchel are superstars. Gobert is definately the best center in the NBA, and may well make the jump to superstar, but as of right now I don’t think he is there as yet.

Mitchel is a very good player with the potential for superstardom. Hopefully Conley is the player that can get him there.

The addition of Boggy is exciting. He is another very good player that might become much better playing with this lineup. 

The loss of Favors might come back to bite us, he helped win several games last year.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know how much of Boggy you guys have seen, but you are going to be VERY happy with him. You could conceivably have 4 guys averaging around 20 points per game on this team.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Jazz are getting the ship.

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

I have totally bought in to this team.  A healthy Jazz are 1-3 seed.  With O’neil, Niang, Exum they are the deepest team in the league outside of the Clippers.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Love the bench they are very utility type players to that are plug and play depending on the matchups. Gonna be a fun season.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Utah Jazz camp starting.