Utah to play Idaho in 2026

Viewing 8 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The Idaho football coach said that they will play the Utes in 2026 as a replacement for Houston or BYU.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Yeah I heard the same thing on Sport radio here in Boise yesterday. They had the Idaho coach on live and he slipped up and commented about it. Said maybe I shouldn’t have said that but seemed pretty proud to get the Utes on their schedule.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The Vandals!

5 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m happy with this. All Patsies all the time for OOC. SOS means nothing until we are good enough to run the table (or lose 1 game), and we aren’t that good yet.

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

Vandals? Thought they were the Spuds!

🙂

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Makes sense. The original schedule of 10 P5’s and 2 G5’s would now have been 12 P5’s (11 in conference) so something had to change.

It’d be nice if they could fill some of the 2025-2028 spots with Oregon State and/or WSU. There are 4 parochial school spots available plus another Houston.

Or maybe finally get Utah State back in the mix. There’s a chance they could get left out of whatever happens between the Mountain West and the Pac-2 and they could use the help.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

We are in the Big-12. The Pac-12 is much deeper though. But that’s not a problem after this year.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I’m not sure what you are getting at. When Utah moves to Big 12, previously scheduled non-conference games against Houston and the parochial school become conference games so Utah needs to fill out the non-conference schedule.

However, even if the Pac-12 had stayed together something was going to need to change on the 2026-2028 schedules because you would have 12 P5’s, 11 P5’s and then 11 P5’s due to those two schools moving up a tier. Either way you slice it, the conditions had changed since the scheduling agreements were made.

1 3

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Utah loved going to butt f**k Idaho so much, they couldn’t get WSU, so they got the next best thing.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

This is a road trip to Idaho?

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

No way in a million years would we take a road trip to an FCS school. This is a pay check for Idaho for being a sacrificial lamb. Though Idaho right now is a really strong FCS team.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Last time we played Idaho was in 1993 and they gave Utah one of our more humbling defeats we’ve ever had. (Back before the Vandals eventually spent some time in FBS only to later drop back to FCS and rejoin the Big Sky).

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

Idaho is an odd place. I always think of Idaho as Canada’s Florida.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah to play Idaho in 2026