Utah vs. Colorado

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The point spread is currently at 28.5  (I admit that I am stunned by how high it is.)

The FPI gives us a 95.1% chance of winning.

Passing stats are fairly equal as far as total passing yards.  However, we get a lot more yards per play than does CU (10.7 to 7.1) and they have 5 times as many interceptions.

We dominate in the running game as we do with every team in the conference.  Total offense is 461 YPG for Utah and 409 YPG for CU.

We dominate on the defensive side of the ball.  We give up 10.9 PPG and they give up 32.4 PPG.  We give up 243 YPG and they give up 466.  CU is in the middle of the PAC12 on rushing D, but 10th is passing D.  They give up over 300 yards passing per game.

We certainly look great on paper compared to CU, but so did UW and we saw what happened.  CU has the best WR in the country IMO.  He is big, strong, fast and has great hands.  (I’m sure JJ will be covering him.)  I am confident we will win this game, but I admit that after what I saw from CU on Saturday night, that I am concerned that the game may be closer than I thought it might be.  However, we have been dominating teams as of late.  I don’t see how CU will be able to move the ball consistently against the Utes and our offense now has so many weapons and wrinkles that I don’t see CU holding us to less than 30 points.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Look at UW’s losses. They are not a great team. They have serious problems with protecting their Qb. Also their rush attack suffered heavily with the loss of their four year starter. Something that might happen with Utah losing Moss…..I digress. 

Do we seriously see Utah’s defense blow it for four quarters?  They overcame a four turnover performance in rain against ASU. An asu team that just beat the Ducks. ASU managed 3 whole points against Utah and was gifted short fields for much of the game.

Weather will slow this game down and require you to rush the ball effectively. Advantage Utah on both sides. 

Huntley on senior night who has only been held back by his oline and wideouts that drop the ball every fourth target. 

Moss extending his record breaking career even further. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

There is nothing you wrote that I disagree with.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I am worried Utah won’t cover 28 so there is that. Utah will win and the game won’t be in doubt ever. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It went up .5, which means people are actually betting on Utah.  

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

8pm start… in November… in Colorado at 5200’… UW on the road with nothing to play for… CU trying to be bowl eligible… Is there any other conference as inept at scheduling as Pac12?

Good job Larry Scott, you continue to keep the Pac12 irrelevant.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

If pride isn’t enough to get you going I am not sure what else Larry Scott could do to ensure that a more talented Washington team could handle a road game against a 4 win squad… Perhaps a day game on ABC to showcase that matchup of the 5th place teams in there respective divisions, or maybe a nuetral site in SoCal?  Lulz

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah vs. Colorado