UteHub seems to be stocked with level headed posters so far

Viewing 9 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I cannot believe some of the out of touch posts I see sometimes. Ute2004 seems like he sleeps with a Mariota doll, sits outside Mariota’s house with binoculars, and rummages through Mariota’s garbage.

My M-in-law said once a guy reaches 40 he’s finally hit his peak. Mellowed out but yet experienced enough not to be totally irrational when it comes to many things.

I’ve loved the lack of posts on UteHub which marginalize the Utes, and spend too much time on the periphery of teams and players which don’t matter to me.

Thank you all.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I’ll say one thing, I will be much more inclined to come here after a Utah loss than other sites.

I usually avoid going to fan forums like the plague after a loss, but I think I’ll stop by here.

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

I normally stay away from UFN for 24 to 48 hours after a loss. Members come out of the wood work who only seem to post after a loss and it’s never good.

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

The one thing I don’t like about the running format is that even during wins it’s a non-stop bitchfest. I cannot stand the posters who think they know more than the coaches, especially when it comes to play calling. How in the f**k does somebody grow the balls to question the calls when they have spent ZERO time with the players/personnel, and ZERO time scouting the opposing team or studying film (outside of maybe watching some games)? Once in a while a weird play will come in out of left field that makes you scratch your head, but I’m talking about the guys who sit there the entire game, and rail the OC for every single f**king play. It’s so goddamn exhausting.

They made it painfully obvious how little they know when they complained during the Michigan game. Roderick called a brilliant game, and they had the nerve to jump on him for not airing it out more. Have they not watched any Utah football over the past four years.? Travis has been incredibly accurate with the short to mid range passes this season, but he’s never been one to put a bomb on the money. You need to know the limitations of your personnel, and adjust accordingly, but they want to force things because Utah’s style of play apparently isn’t entertaining enough for them. Funny thing is these are the same guys that will bitch about the playcalling the moment the first pick is thrown from a quarterback being too aggressive.

Sorry, off my soapbox now. Just needed to vent a bit.

EDIT: This is not an indictment of ufn posters, or anybody in particular as this is something that is seen often within every fanbase, and on every board. I just was pointing out that the format of ufn makes visiting that site during games quite frustrating.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by AZswayze.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I think that Ute2004 gets a bad rap because he tends to be a bit optimistic about Utah, but in his defense he usually posts with a pretty good set of information to back up his claims.

That being said, I do agree that things can get a bit intense on UFN on occasion when some users don’t agree on a topic.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I’ll take Ute2004 any day of the week over the Chicken Little, Debbie Downer sky is falling crowd. I noticed one certain poster who bashes the hell out of TW has disappeared since our 3-0 start and after seeing how much better the offense looks with Travis.

If the Ducks beat us handily he’ll be all over UFN afterwards.

UteStuckInSeattle
          Ute Fan
          @utestuckinseattle

Yup. Sadly, he gives Ute fans in your’s and my state a bad name. =)

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

What the SeaTac are you talking about?

NorthEZUte
          Ute Fan
          @northezute

I know of who you speak.

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

Agreed. I like Ute2004. He makes some bold claims, but he has stats to support his argument and I think it makes for fun debate to have someone take a strong stand. And, as you said it is refreshing that stand is actually pro-Utah. I hope Ute2004 makes his way over here. I will welcome him.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Seems to be losing steam. I was just on UFN, and it’s going stronger than ever before. Some new names that I’ve never seen before. Suspect?

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

I actually think this site is doing really well – topics and posts keep cropping up, and it seems like we have several stalwarts that always try to contribute with more lurkers making the plunge into posting everyday.

Resistance is futile

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

I enjoy that people are actually talking about football on this site. I could get used to this.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Football? Never heard of it.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

You one of those rare Utah Baseball fans? #ShotsFired

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Seems to be losing steam.

Really? The Oregon/Utah game poll just got 384 votes.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It seems that with regards to this site people see what they want to see. It’s almost like politics. 600 members in 5 days seems awesome to me. Certainly that pace will slow and I hope that the base continues to participate as fantastically as they have so far.

I’m glad to NOT see a bunch of personal attacks between users. I’d like to avoid that and keep the focus on the UTES!

Just getting started here. The sky is the limit.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I found Ute2004 to be insufferable. I mean the guy literally posts responses to himself. But my real problem was how he literally would trash certain Utah QBs in public with posts stating that Jon Hays or Adam Schulz were not D1 or PAC 12 level players. These guys were playing their hearts out for Utah and deserved better.

The fact is that Jon Hays took Utah to a Bowl Game and lead them to a bowl win over a P5 team, something his beloved Travis Wilson has yet to do. Furthermore, both Jordan Wynn and Jon Hays still have higher career passing efficiency ratings than Travis Wilson and it’s not really close. He dismissed Jon Hay’s season as simply handing the ball off to Jon White IV. Uh, hate to point this out, but without Booker, we’d be staring at 18 INTs if we looked to Travis Wilson’s arm to win games. Reality is Utah is a run oriented game management type offense and that is what they’re looking for the QB to do. Utah will never win meaningful games relying on the arms of any of the current QBs they have. They just need the QB to keep the defense honest which will open lanes for Booker.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

Wynn and Hays did some good things for Utah, but I would argue that Wynn played against a lower level of competition for the most part and Hays had the support of Norm Chow who was a wizard with getting the most out of sub-par talent.

Wilson may not be that great but you can’t deny that he’s won us some big games, and Wilson has done it against tougher opponents and with a lot less coaching support and consistency.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Honest assessments, I’m fine with that. Just do not like statements belittling OUR PLAYERS when they’re out there risking their bodies and have OUR INTEREST at heart.

UteStuckInSeattle
            Ute Fan
            @utestuckinseattle

Totally agree with this.

Discussing our opinions on the team and players is part of what makes sites like this interesting to participate in but we need to remember they are young kids and playing their heart out for the team and we should respect that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wilson is a gamer and has great agility for his size. He’s not the best raw QB out there be for the most part he is a winner. Tough for us to find that gem of a QB, but then again, there aren’t many out there.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UteHub seems to be stocked with level headed posters so far