Utes beat Ducks for only 3rd time in Pac12 era

Viewing 6 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

And no one is talking about it?!?!

Deivon Smith was HUGE down the stretch!

Utes played well, still playing without 2 starters (Worster and Lovering. Great win!

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

It’s legitimately the next thread, unless you have bopahull blocked

1 3

beaslad
        Ute Fan
        @beaslad

I do. Insufferable

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

i don’t have him blocked and i don’t see it

4 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Frustrating up and down final minutes though.

I like how Smith took the team on his back. But the defense on the other end kept Oregon in it. I including giving air space to that hot handed Oregon player. Smith also missed a crucial 1/1.

I am looking forward to the PAC12 dissolving. The officiating is awful.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

F**king fantastic game.

9 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Here’s the thing guys, Utah beat the Ducks without really playing well and missing two starters. For example, they allowed Oregon to shoot 45% from the floor and 50% from 3PT range. I was at the game and thought the crowd, though not close to a sellout, was a factor. It wasn’t as loud as against BYU but it was loud. I also thought that it acted as sort of a “pick-me-up” down the stretch and helped the Utes overcome missed free throws and empty possessions. Looking forward to the next game and Go Utes!

belli1976
        Ute Fan
        @belli1976

And Keba fouled out with 18 minutes of playing time.

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

Keba fouled out on the last meaningful play with like 2.8 seconds left.

belli1976
            Ute Fan
            @belli1976

He played a total of 18 minutes out of the 40 minutes of the game.

But, yes he fouled out on the last play.

//r00t4Utes
              Ute Fan
              @r00t4utes

Sadly, the replay clearly showed he Keita didn’t foul him, but Gabe or Cole (I forget which) fouled #1. Refs usually try not to foul out a player and give the foul to another player if they can.

Also, it seemed as a pretty obvious charge on #1 earlier. On that missed FT play, where Keita gave up the offensive rebound, and Smith took the charge.

But yeah, a great and entertaining game to watch for sure, if a bit sloppy with turnovers by both teams. To beat a team that was red hot from 3 and break the losing steak….. hard to complain about that.

4 2

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

That foul call when Smith took the charge was so bad. Live it looked good and the replay was even worst. ESPN cesspool watching remotely had no clue.

Basketball is pretty unwatchable with the officiating these days.

12PAC
      Ute Fan
      @12pac

Former bb season ticket holder- but today was the first game I’ve been to in 5 years.

I was a student in the Vanhorn, Miller days, so I was shocked at the attendance today. ( I know, I’m part of the problem). Good team, god opponent.

But we had fun with our two young sons and will be back.

4 1

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Yeah, I know, it’s sad, especially for people who remember students camping out in the snow to be able to buy tickets well before the Majerus years. It’s a work in progress. Hopefully, the Utes keep playing and winning like this during the rest of the season, make the Dance, and the feel good trend carries on to next season. If fans think that you have a good chance of winning, they normally start showing up.

12PAC
          Ute Fan
          @12pac

Oh I remember camping out. Its crazy how football and basketball have flipped. Basketball used to be the hot ticket. Even a Thursday nighter against Colo St. would pull 12-13k, and lots of students. I knew our attendance had slipped, but wow, that crowd on Saturday was a shocker for anyone who was around for the Majerus years and before.

And while I’m a big football booster- I never miss a game, CC for over 20 years, etc…
          I admit, I’ve become a very fair-weather basketball fan. Both NBA and college. If they win, I am THAT guy who will start showing up again.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Either way. I remember waiting for the shuttle to far away parking lots in the cold or hard to find tickets below the concourse. Even years parking deep in Ft Douglas or lines for the restrooms. After Majerus we moved up 20something rows and there is reasonable parking. The coach’s show would end before you could get out of the U. The big crowds are great but it comes with some disadvantages. Every game on TV, Jazz in town, and the national trend has cut the crowd down. UofA is one of the few teams that draw a crowd like 20+ years ago. Next, I think only UCLA consistently out draws Utah each year.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I love seeing all of the posts about “missing two starters.” Am I the only one here that thinks that if those two starters come back and start for this team over those that replaced them that this team will take a huge step backwards? Is there some bizarro world where Devian Smith is NOT a better player than Rollie that I am not privy too? Or Keita is not better than Lovering by leaps and bounds? You have to play your starters and give them starter minutes this time of the season. Best players play. Period.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Yeah, the missing 2 starters and still beat Oregon headline is folly. It’s a positive that 2 talent blockers have been out of the lineup in recent games.

If Worster takes 10 minutes of DSmith’s playing time yesterday do we win?

Have to believe it’s a given that Coach Smith changes/reduces Worster’s and Lovering’s roles upon their returns. If he doesn’t, then yes we have a problem.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I’m sure you know this Rick, but a lot of times, some of your best players come off the bench. If Worster and Lovering are around, neither Erickson not Tarlac really see much of the floor. Those two guys, Erickson and Tarlac, from my POV are massive liabilities anytime they see any game action and, at this point with a large sample size, I would really question if they’re even Division I basketball players. No debate that Smith is better than Worster and should see the lion’s share of the minutes at PG from here on in. Keita still gets too many fouls, he only played 18 minutes yesterday due to his foul trouble, so I still see him as a better fit coming off the bench.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utes beat Ducks for only 3rd time in Pac12 era