UW hires new OC

Viewing 2 reply threads

Longview
      Ute Fan
      @longview

This:

http://www.gohuskies.com/news/2017/12/3/football-hamdan-named-uw-offensive-coordinator-qb-coach.aspx

Is big news since UW was the biggest risk to Troy Taylor leaving.

I am a Taylor big supporter.  Stability under Taylor will be an amazing thing for Utah.  I hope (and believe) that this means he is at Utah for longer…..

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t see why anyone thought Taylor would be leaving. Usually you have to have a good offense to get another job. 

Im a big Taylor fan. I think he’s the right man for the job. BUT, let’s not pretend we were great offensively last year. 

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

I think the biggest risk for TT leaving was Beau Baldwin getting a head job at OSU or somewhere. That didn’t happen

Longview
        Ute Fan
        @longview

Nope.  OSU is not a healthy program.  

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

OSU isn’t a healthy program, but Taylor following his old head coach (Baldwin, who was rumored for the OSU job) is much more of a risk than him getting a job on a staff he has no connections to, like UW. 

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Taylor Only worked with Baldwin for one season, let’s not make this a bigger issue than what it really is.. Taylor and Baldwin’s connection is not this long tenured relationship that would seriously justify making a lateral move to a failing program…

NarfUte
              Ute Fan
              @narfute

Agreed. I did a poor job elucidating my point, Taylor ain’t goin’ anywhere

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UW hires new OC