Vegas restaurant recommendations

Viewing 11 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’m looking for a nice restaurant in Vegas to take my wife. Preferably a steakhouse. Any recommendations?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I always go to Battista’s Hole In The Wall.  It’s Italian with a very busy and cheesy dark atmosphere.  Love their lasagna and each meal comes with all you can drink house wine.  “Gordy” the 4 foot tall accordion player will come to your table and play the theme to The Godfather.

It’s walking distance from Caesar’s and The Mirage, accross the street from Ballys. 

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

Jean Geroge’s at Aria is the best for Filet Mignon.  Try Carnevino or The Cut at Palazzo for any other steak.

Joel Robuchon at MGM is, IMHO, the best overall–very fancy–probably $200 per person but you get 11 small courses.

I like Nobu at Flamingo for Sushi.  SW at Wynn for American foood in general.  The Wynn is also very good for a buffett.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Lawry,s prime rib — 4043 Howard Hughes Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV – is our place.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

The bone-in ribeye that I had here is still to this day the greatest steak I’ve ever had.  http://emerilsrestaurants.com/delmonico-steakhouse at the Venetian

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Not a steakhouse but the last place I ate at in Vegas was Gordon Ramsay’s BurGR at Planet Hollywood.  Probably the first time I ever had an actual “gourmet” burger and it was awesome.

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

El Segundo De Sol is one of the best Mexican restaurants I’ve ever had. It is on the strip. There is easy park underground.

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

Does it have to be fancy-schmancy?  We’ve incorporated “Hot ‘n Juicy Crawfish” into every Vegas trip we have.  Total dive, but it’s hard to beat beer and shellfish for a night on the town.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

@daedalus

It’s for her birthday so maybe a little nicer, but thanks for the suggestion. A lot of good suggestions from everyone. 

UTman
      Ute Fan
      @utman

Are you looking for a steakhouse on the strip or close to it? If not, in North Las Vegas there is a place called the Ranch House – definitely not the fanciest of places, but the steaks are tremendous. They cook all of their meat over charcoal and the sides they serve with the meat are great. Quality food without the terribly high prices the other places need to charge in order to pay their rent.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I second the Delmonico’s recommendation. The steaks are incredible and the shoestring truffle butter potatoes are the best side dish I’ve ever had in my life.

I also like Carnevino. The ribeye for two is a great steak.

Believe it or not, the steakhouse inside Circus Circus is unbelievable as well. Just be careful not to step on used needles in the parking lot.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Bringing your wife to vegas is like bringing a sack lunch to a buffet. Or at least that’s what someone told me.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

I’m not sure if I understand that analogy. Is my wife the sack lunch?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Perhaps better worded like this: “bringing one’s wife…”

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

Andrea’s at the Encore is a great pan-Asian place with delicious steaks. Also, the Tuna with crispy rice appetizer (they lightly deep fry a ball of rice and serve amazing raw tuna on top) was incredible. 

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Vegas restaurant recommendations