We are 3.5 point favorites at Arizona

Viewing 6 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I’m not buying that Arizona is a hot mess. I’ve watched most of all of their games and they are not a crappy team. I think they’re a little smallish on the O & D lines and that’s about my only take away. We’re not going to bull doze them but I think we’re going to play well enough to win. They have been running well too.

Their D line still does some stemming to get the O-line to jump. We should be prepared for it, unlike last year.

Finally, conference play is here. Every game is a playoff game.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think Zona is better than any team we’ve played to date. And probably by a fair amount.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

The best part about being 3-0 is the chance to go 4-0.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Just like us, I really have no idea what to make of Arizona. They’re obviously not world beaters, but they’re not doormats either. They’ve historically had our number in Tuscon as well.

It’ll be important to start fast and keep the throttle down for this game. It makes me really nervous.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They were shouting signals last year not just stemming. 

Whitt should win this going away coaching wise. Be interesting to see how Huntley acts because he did not play well at all. Seemed to be pressing a little against San Jose then he settled in. 

5 1

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Huntley did not play well at all? You’re kidding, right? Or were we watching a completely different game?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

For San Jose? It was a slow start and he settled in but he could have had Offensive Player of the Week numbers honestly. At all is very much hyperbole. 

4 1

St George Ute
        Ute Fan
        @stgeorgeute

30 of 43 (69.8%) for 341 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 1 lost fumble, and 53 yards rushing

Statistically it was a good game (though I could have done without the turnovers), though I will agree, he did seem to press a bit in the 1st quarter. I felt as though he was trying to get Moss more involved, trying to force it a bit really. Once he relaxed and started playing his game he seemed to play better.

The game last night just felt flat to me. Don’t know if it was a hangover from the BYU game, or just the lack of excitement of playing a bottom-tier MWC team. But they just seemed to be going through the motions in last night’s game.

Hopefully the coaching staff gets them up for this week’s game. AZ isn’t going to roll over and play dead. They’re PAC12, and that’s a tough game regardless of the opponent.

Top to bottom, I think the PAC12 may be the most competitive/balanced conference in the NCAA. There are probably 8 teams with an argument for being in the top 25.

6 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Even if Arizona truly is a hot mess, Utah could still lose to them if they don’t play clean.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

as far as I’m concerned Whitt still has to prove RichRod doesn’t have his number.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Totally. And even though we won the game last year, rich rod sure made them look like fools doing it. By far the oddest game I can remember. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We are 3.5 point favorites at Arizona