We should have a weekly bowl win highlight countdown

Viewing 1 reply thread

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

You can delete this post, but if any of you tech guys can post bowl win vids as a countdown. I would especially love to see the highlights of the 1994 team. Sure, they choked, but that was one sick ass defense.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Utah didn’t choke.  They beat Arizona in the ’94 Freedom Bowl.  16-13!  You must have been thinking of the ‘93 Freedom Bowl, where we’d lost to USC 21-28.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I believe he is referring to getting beat by Stoney Case when ranked #9.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Stoney Case was a bad man.  Not sure how he wound up at UNM but I remember him just willing his lackey’s to victory when I was a kid.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

pretty easy to get overlooked as a prospect in the 80’s and 90’s. UNM also produced Brian Urlacher.

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

Yeah, but he was a Texas 5A State Championship winning QB at Odessa-Permian.  They were named HS national champs by ESPN.  Not like he was low profile as a high school recruit even in the early 90’s.

Johnny
                Ute Fan
                @johnny

They didn’t have Twitter back then. The video games weren’t as good and you were lucky to have a VCR, let alone your own computer. Yeah Stoney Case loved the Utes.

Hellhound152
                  Ute Fan
                  @hellhound152

I get your point but his team was getting national coverage and located in a recruiting hotbed for the SWC and Big 8.  It was always a head scratcher for me.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We should have a weekly bowl win highlight countdown