What are your keys to victory for tonight?

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Here are mine: 

Offense: Ball security. Exploit USC defense keying off of Moss (play action, run Huntley on option etc).

Defense: Confuse USC QB by disguising coverages. Get pressure on the QB and rush him into bad passes or sacks.

Special Teams: No dumb penalties, especially holding or block in the back on punt return. Ball security. No big returns for USC on punt or kick cover. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

one word: turnovers

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Our D will fulfill that request. Go, Utes!

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

But we have to win the turnover MARGIN.  That means it’s not all on the Defense’s shoulders.  The Offense has to not give it away as well.  

Huntley has done a great job of no INTs, and we’ve only lost one fumble (albeit to Idaho St of a teams).  But to win this game, the O has to take just as much ownership of “possession” as the D.

GO UTES!!!

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Control the line of scrimmage. Force Slovis into uncomfortable situations.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Win with 3 and 4 man rush. Don’t think the can beat us with 7 in coverage.

No stupid turn overs on special teams.

Take what they give us. Don’t get stuck on establishing the run if the box count doesn’t support it.

Score early.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Huntley has to be efficient. Ball security any turnovers could give them confidence. 

Defense just needs to punch them in the mouth quickly. Smash them and make them quit. 

Special teams don’t scew it up.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Good point EMU.  Let’s NOT force ourselves into any FG situations.

MFury
      Ute Fan
      @mfury

We need to impose our will on the first series on both sides of the ball. We just need a couple of them to mentally resign themselves to another loss. Not even the whole team, if a couple of them let down their guard, we will find and exploit the gap.

My concern is an aggressive start has not been our MO.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am also going to pay particularly close attention to the oline. I am going to call the 2019 Oline performance for this season incomplete. Hard to make an assessment without seeing the starters. Against a three man rush with TDS they were ok. Game will be won in the trenches. Moss was getting 8-9 yard rushes on first down against SC last season. SC had quite a lot of hits and sacks on Huntley in 18 as well. Obviously the strip six that didn’t leave me worried(at the time) for an odd reason.

Utah overcame some stupidity in 2018 at home. So I think the whole clean game is overblown.  

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

QB pressure, and shutdown coverage.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Score more points. LOL

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Win the Turnover battle.

USC averages nearly 2.7 turnovers per game, and only forces 1.3 from their opponent (avg:  -1.333).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Um, kay.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

The riddle… of STEEL!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What are your keys to victory for tonight?