What is happening with TE?

Viewing 6 reply threads

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

It seems like there are very, very few potential surprises or questions going into the season.  But what is going on with TE?  Really shocking to hear Bapa is getting tried out a DE.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Jackson is doing very good. Very, very good. The starter by a king shot. 

Fotheringham is a better Bushman. Clear #2 and getting better every day. 

Falamaka is the clear #3. Is trying out DE. 

TE is doing A-OK. I think you don’t hear about them as much because it’s not a sexy position. But the coaches are saying good things about them in their interviews that I’ve heard on the radio.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Riley said Haller has been playing well as well. 

1 2

User Suspended
        @a2ute

^LOL! a regular Baghdad Bob

Image result for baghdad bob

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I still wonder why Repp never tried it out. Only thing I can think of is they can’t block. That is the hard part that I think Son of Murphy talked about. They wanted him to gain weight for the blocking schemes they wanted to run. Yet they want him to have a certain speed for the passing attack.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Its because they think he could be a good TE but that he has NFL potential at DE. The coaches think he’s a much better DE than TE. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I think part of it is that we have like 7 Tight Ends right now and I heard that “he just kind of goes through the motions so a change might be a good thing for him.”

Take that for what it’s worth but we will use the TE’s this year.  Not sure how much in the passing game but we have a few young guys that will take a while to contribute (maybe a year or two) but that have elevated the talent level of that position.  Kind of a broken record but in a good way.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

But Wjat about the Yassmanian devil?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I don’t have the connections of onlyu but I listen to every bit of audio out out by Pease, Whitt and any other coach. I don’t remember if they ever talked about Yassmin or if it was the paid site. 

Since I respect the paid site and I can’t remeber where I read/heard it, all I will say is:

👍🏼

Now, he’s been playing football for like 10 days. I’d bet we don’t see him this year. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

I don’t doubt that. I’m just curious if he’s getting things and how he’s progressing. That and I want to come t that nickname into ute fan lexicon forvwhen he scores an 80 yard td while dragging 10 players the last 5.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

“Utah” is right 95% of the time.  Pretty good without connections.  And he’s right about Yassmin as well.  He’s HUGE and strong as s**t.  Smart as hell.  It will take some time but he’s a guy that should become a factor at some point

jrj84105
            Ute Fan
            @jrj84105

How does Yassmin look with the ball in his hands?

i want nothing more BYU than to see the Yassmanian Devil dust off Urban’s crazy option.

<iframe src=”https://player.vimeo.com/video/197861720&#8243; width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

ONLYU. What is up with Davir Hamilton. Is he ever going to break the depth chart ? Chris Hart also ?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

i think Davir will play at some point, he just has to connect the dots.  Chris probably isn’t big enough to play DE and might not be fast enough to play LB.  I’m not sure if he ever contributes much outside of special teams.  I could be wrong but I think that’s where they’re at today.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’ve heard Pease say physically he is amazing (Davir) but mentally he is catching up. If he can ever learn to play without thinking, watch out. He’s only a sophomore as well. Give it time. 

UtahManPodcast
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanpodcast

Jake Jackson is No. 1 and Connor Haller and Cole Fotheringham are battling for No. 2.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What is happening with TE?