What’s the latest on John Randle Jr?

Viewing 4 reply threads

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

https://247sports.com/player/john-randle-jr-46101528/

4 star RB out of Kansas, looks like we’re warm on him (by 247).  On3 and Rivals both have us as likely leading on him (close with Kansas St in both cases)

He had an official visit here for the first USC game and had a great time. K State fan forums are talking about him and hoping they can edge out Utah to get him… but I haven’t heard anything here.

Here’s his quote (from September, before he came to visit)

“I hear a decent amount from other schools. I talk to a lot of them. It’s dang near all of them. I talk to Utah a lot. That’s my school. I like Utah. Oregon is cool. Tennessee, they’re very cool. I like Michigan. There’s a decent amount of schools.”

[emphasis mine]

Any news, updates, etc?

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

27 P5 offers? Sheesh

Jake
        Ute Fan
        @jutahfootball

I can see why. He’s extremely athletic. He’s shifty, fast, has good vision, and isn’t afraid to lower his head either. Would be a great pickup.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

Would be interesting if we picked him up. Already have Michael Mitchell committed, as well as Dijon Stanley who also plays running back (listed as an athlete, maybe we like him at another position). I wonder if getting Randle would cause one of them to decommit.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Looks like Stanley is generally seen as an RB (that’s what he was recruited as by Michigan and Colorado, among others), but BYU was apparently recruiting him as a DB (or at least having their DB coach as the lead recruiter).

So yeah, I’d guess he’s likely an RB

6 1

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I really appreciate and enjoy your posts, but I have to ask:

How come you portend your be a Ute fan on this board, and a Cougar fan on Cougarboard? Multiple times now I’ve seen you refer to “we” on both sites.

3 1

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

I mean … We/we’re/them/I cat/hat/that … anything goes

21 1

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Because I legitimately like both teams.

Grew up a Utah fan (my dad is an alum) and went to all the games (including rushing the field as a 9 year old and being called a gas pumper by Lenny Gomes). I’ll always be a Utah fan.

But when it came time for college, I chose to go to BYU. It’s a good academic school and they gave me an amazing scholarship. If you attend a university and go to games with friends, it’s almost inevitable you grow to like the team. After my mission, I left BYU to go to the Air Force Academy, but eventually married a BYU grad and fan. If she has on the BYU Arkansas game, it’s not like I’m going to root for Arkansas out of sort of spite

Doesn’t mean I’ve stopped being a Utah fan. Still watch games with my close friends and go when I can (living out East means that’s not often). But it also doesn’t mean I hate BYU

So I generally and genuinely want both teams to have success (inasmuch as that’s mutually possible)

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

Makes sense. Was genuinely curious.

krindor
            Ute Fan
            @krindor

I’ll add that it’s probably only possible because I haven’t lived in the state of Utah for 20+ years

DrJazzy
          Ute Fan
          @docute

Honestly, I don’t care if you are a BYU or Utah fan. I enjoy your posts/takes on both sites – you are very objective (which is hard to be as a fan) and are definitely one of the more logical/reasonable BYU fans. 

I also see no problem with rooting for both teams – lots of crossover between teams. The rivalry is fun – but it certainly isn’t life or death. I lob small bombs on CB because it’s fun to tweak those guys sometimes and helps me kill time during slow hospital days errrr I mean while pumping gas/delivering pizzas. But I never take things personally, and it’s all in fun for me. 

Ben
      Ute Fan
      @argentino15

Word is that his recruitment is really quiet. Doesn’t put much out there. But he hasn’t taken an official visit since Utah I believe. So seems like Utah is in a good spot and if he wants in, sounds like they would take him even though the RB room is packed.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s the latest on John Randle Jr?