Viewing 4 reply threads

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir
      11 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Ha ha. No. Oregon fell on their face and f**ked up. That’s it. How in the hell do you lose to Auburn with the best QB in the country and the best OL in the country and that defense? And their QB was a TRUE FRESHMAN? How in the hell do you lose to ASU when ASU isn’t any good? 

Maybe, Oregon, next time win your games that you are supposed to win and then you can whine about being disrespected. Why would anyone heap tons of praise on you when you fell on your face in games you should have easily won? 

Shut up Oregon. F**king do your job and win the games you should win so that way this conference can go to the playoffs. When you do your job you can then whine if you are disrespected. 

This has nothing to do with “cool clubs” or “disrespect” and everything to do with Oregon failing and now they are whining about it. You want recognition? Go win your games. Simple. 

9 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

This can be applied to Utah as well.  Win the games you should. Heavily senior team take care of business. 

M-dash
          Ute Fan
          @mejensen

I think that Oregon’s choking was different. Oregon did not dominate lesser opponents like Utah did. Oregon lost to a mid-tier conference opponent in ASU, while Utah’s loss was a close loss to USC (2nd in the South and 3rd overall in the conference) on the road without the Pac12 Offensive player of the year for most of the game. I can completely understand why the coaches voted for so many Utes—all but Oregon and USC were dominated by Utah much more than they were by Oregon.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I am not saying Utah choked. I hate that term because it ignores the opponent. Very rarily do teams choke. Oregon certainly choked the ASU game. Looking ahead or whatever it was they should have taken care of business there.
            Utah was easily beaten by Oregon

2 1

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Wouldn’t really be too critical about Oregon’s loss to Auburn.  Hard fought game where Ducks won first half, Tigers the second half.  Where they really stumbled badly was in Tempe (and I’m sure most Ducks fans are thinking they would be very likely headed to the playoffs if they hadn’t lost there).

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I disagree. Oregon deserves all the criticism in the world vs Auburn. Auburn was NOT a great team. They were…who knows. Look at their wins:

Oregon, Tulane, Kent St, 5 loss Texas A&M, Miss St, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Samford and an Alabama team who beat nobody and was missing the best player in football not named Chase Young. 

Who did Auburn beat? They beat a lot of crap. Their best win by far was Oregon. 

So, you have an average Auburn team or above average, but not great. NOW, you add in Oregon has a SR QB, who many say was the best QB in football, you have the best OL in football, you have a top 25 defense AND Auburn is playing a TRUE FRESHMAN QB in his first game ever. 

No excuse for Oregon losing that game. That was a total choke job. 

ASU was as well, but Auburn was absolutely a choke job. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I dunno, but I have seen a ton of butthurt Oregon fans feeling snubbed in the P12 honors list. I’d rather the Utes have won the game, than the flattery awards.

1 1

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I would trust that any Oregon players who feel snubbed in conference honors use that for motivation and take it out on the Badgers in Pasadena. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

its a whiny article, but I love the attention Canzano gives the PAC-12.  I’d love it if we had media members that delved into the PAC-12 like the Oregonion or Mercury news do.  Occasionally, we’ll get a good Pac-12 article or two locally, but most of it is nonsense intentionally stirring the pot between Utah and BYU fans in order to get maximum clicks. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

They should have had 3 OL on the 1st team, in that aspect I feel they were snubbed.  I feel KWhitt winning COTY was justified, he did more with less.  Oregon has 4-5* kids all over and we have a few 4*s on the roster.  Plus as Utah said they were supposed to have the top QB in the nation along with the best Oline(they did have lots of injuries at WR).  Outside of the Olineman I feel the awards were fair.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whining, real or not…what do you think?