Whitt seems pretty confident in Lisk

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Cal game presser

He gave a run down of Lisk’s abilities and seemed very confident in him. He said that on the throw that looked REALLY bad it was actually the wrong route. Obviously he isn’t Huntley but it is interesting on what Cal will have to scheme for. I think it will be Shelley if you ask me now though.  

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It’s interesting that they did not hesitate in putting Lisk in when Huntley went down.  They see something in him.  I have not really seen him play much, so I have no clue.  If he is better than Shelley, then I suspect he must be pretty good.

Since I believe we will be using our running offense against Cal – I think that Shelley will get the nod if Huntley can’t go.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Shelley has a chance to solidify himself as the starter next season. It is hard I am trying to see it from his point of view. I remember I was about 15 when I realized no matter what I do I wasn’t good enough to beat out better athletes. Sucks when you find that out. I have no clue if Rising is better but I think it goes a long way if you can get more first team reps in. 

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I think there was a season where the Utes used 2 QBs for a bit. Maybe 08? Brian Johnson couldn’t run very well, and the white dude who transferred would come in for some running plays.

Even when BJ went down in 05, the backup dude lit it up. I think he had 125 rushing yards against BYU.

Kyle AND Ludwig have much experience in this. I never ever doubted or called out Ludwig to be fired, ever. I was at the 2005 Emerald bowl game against Georgia Tech, that’s when I was sold. He’s a lights out coordinator and he knows how to prepare a QB on a dime.

Edit: QB in 2005 was Ratliffe, what a badass bounce-out at the end of the season. The other referenced QB in 2008 was Louks. He eventually transferred to some Oregon school and threw for 4000 yds his senior season. Props to those guys.

IamgrUTE
        Ute Fan
        @jrevans

It was a guy namedBrett Elliot that transferred to a division 2 Oregon school and set a bunch of records.  I believe Corbin Louks Transferred to Nevada and was a back up safety.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Everyone associated with the program is confident in Lisk. He’s earned what he’s gotten in both his preparation and understanding of the offense and he’s practiced better than Shelley in most weeks. He doesn’t make many mistakes and usually makes great decisions. Shelley is clearly capable but IMO was better suited in last years offense. He hasn’t grasped Ludwig’s scheme as well as Drew has IMO and has made more mistakes in practice throughout the Fall.

Rising is really talented and is definitely in the mix next year. Will be interesting to see how that plays out but for now just trust the coaching staff to do what’s best for the team. Lisk and Shelley both want to win and are willing to split time, start or watch. That’s just who they are…TEAM guys. They both have talents that can help if Tyler can’t go and are competing for the 2 every single day in practice. That’s a great thing by the way.

That said, waiting to see how Tyler progresses this week. No decision on him yet. Thompson came back in on Saturday so should be a go and Paulo could also be a game-time decision. Felt like it was a lot worse on Sat but I think we’ll be ok…nothing too serious.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Thank you 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Many thanks for the update.

1 3

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I’ve yet to see anything on the field that makes me confident in either Lisk or Shelley this season. It’s a substantial drop off from Huntley. Neither has looked particularly good, IMO.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Dolce is that you?

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Well yeah, there is a reason why Tyler is the starter to begin with.  Lisk has had very few snaps so I’m not sure how you can come to any conclusion on him.  Shelley was a freshman last year when thrown into the starting role and hasn’t had much time this year.  

IamgrUTE
            Ute Fan
            @jrevans

I think Whitt goes with the more experienced Shelly on Sat.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt seems pretty confident in Lisk