Why isn’t the million dollar recruit, Manning playing?

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I get that Ewers started this season. It gave Manning a chance to learn and develop. But, Ewers went down on Saturday and Manning was not the replacement. I hear he will not start against BYU this week. Does anyone know why?

I don’t believe that it has anything to do with redshirting him because I doubt he lasts that long at Texas. I suspect his plan is to go the the NFL early. I am confused.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Part of the reason he ended up at Texas was because Sark agreed to let him sit this year. At least, that was what I got reading between the lines last fall.

If he’d gone to Georgia or Alabama, he would have been expected to compete for the job right away since they were both losing their starters. Manning had his choice of schools and his family did everything they could to put him in the best spot they could.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Because Manning is just a true freshman and got beat-out in Spring camp by RS freshman Maalick Murphy. But its a TSPP game, not concerned about who stomps the poo-poo in Austin this week.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

The manning family is controlling his plan. He’s sitting this year while continuing to develop with his personal team of coaches and trainers in partnership with the Texas staff. Probably going to see a lot more of this with NIL. Throwing him out there early isn’t worth the risk to the Manning brand.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

No way of knowing how it will turn out but the Manning situation reminds me of Todd Marinovich. Kid exposed from birth to the best developmental methods of the time and who was getting specialized training from an early age. The Manning’s seem to have themselves a plan so hopefully it doesn’t turn into another cautionary tale.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Have you seen Murphy? He looks like he should be playing DE not QB. What a freak of nature.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Is he the next Texas QB to xfer to Utah then?

Jk

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

I made a joke about him earlier. He will transfer to Utah and become a 2nd round TE pick.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why isn’t the million dollar recruit, Manning playing?