Xavier Carlton lands at Cal

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Will be interesting to see if he can succeed there. Still wish we would’ve given him some Rose Bowl reps to see if his size and athleticism could’ve at least made a small dent against their O-line.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

The beauty of Utah football, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes on that team. And I prefer it that way.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

We do know. Utah wanted him to move inside, he wants to stay DE. Same issue with the Moa kid that de-committed. 

UtahMan17
          Ute Fan
          @utahman17

I feel a little bad for X. He is a great kid that works his tail off, fully bought in at Utah and could do very well as a 3-tech and situational big DE at Utah…but I think his dad may be giving him some bad advice about what’s best for his future. Utah and Cal are on completely different levels in developing NFL talent right now:

NFL DL drafted in last 9 years

Cal – 1

Utah – 8

Will get even worse in 2022 after Mika is drafted, and Utah had 3 drafted in 2020 alone…

Oh well. Truly wish X the best. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Too bad he left, talented player, but we will be just fine.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

We will be fine.
      And so will he.
      Cal-Berkeley is a pretty darn good place to land from an academic perspective.
      I suppose if you’re going to go to another PAC-12 school (which sucks, but nothing we can do about that), it’s nice to have a couple of west-coast-ivy-league options like Cal and Stanford.
      And that is NOT IN ANY WAY a knock on the U. I’m just saying that if I know I won’t be making the NFL because I couldn’t make it as first string at the University of Utah where they put people in the NFL all the time, ending up with a degree from Cal at the end of my college football career is a pretty decent alternative.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Xavier Carlton lands at Cal